Adding security cameras to the house

On 11/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, bndawgs said:

I still haven't decided on a system yet.  The arlos are popping up a lot with my neighbors, but i don't like the idea of batteries.  I know they have solar panels now, but i can't have 15 solar panels all over my house as well.  

it seems like the wired ones still offer the best features.  but most of them don't get very good night vision reviews.  we have the punks who look for unlocked cars and i want to make sure i can get a clear picture of their faces at night from 10-15' away.  

If you have the ability to drop the wires, or the resources to have someone do it, I would definitely recommend a full time IP camera system over an Arlo. 

Arlo, Nest and Ring are all great products, for those who don't have the ability to install a full-time recorded IP camera system.

I have 6 IP cameras recorded by a NVR, which has a built in POE switch. Eventually, I'll get a separate powered POE switch (connected to my router) so that the cameras are on my network and so they can be seen outside of the NVR. That way I can just install an app on any computer on the network to pull up the cameras instead of connecting to the NVR's software.

BTW night vision on a wired system is far better than on an Arlo. If you're truly concerned about identifying criminals, I'd recommend motion triggered flood lights. Once the lights illuminate and your cameras switch back to daytime view (almost instantly), you're resolution is going to be infinitely better.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you need to move! 
No I owe 4 house and some large northern property. House in post is a high end golf community. Private sub. My direct 3 closest houses are city accountant, private school principle, a Judge, and a captain of police. Great spot. But for a few grand I have peace of mind.
Yes I have been shot and don't wish to do that ever again. My gun was locked in truck and my driver ran when shots fired.
Never had a family or friend say it was too much. People love safety.
Panic room is more data security. And private collection stuff. Never more than 200k in cash.
I have friends with some of same stuff, cameras doors, guns, cash. One even has same alarm but with room/vent cams and out side loud speaker he can scream anything into. Also cams at his other home to watch family members.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have the ARLO PRO 5 camera system and I love it. The batteries in the cameras are rechargeable and I get about 4 months out of the cameras before I have to recharge them but that depends on how many recordings. When the cameras pick up motion I get the alert in about 2 seconds on my cell phone and you can have a memory stick plugged into the base for them to record on also.

You can have up to 5 cameras for the free cloud storage and anything over 5 to 15 you can pay a subscription of 120 dollars a year or just buy another system for the free cloud storage.

Trust me get a stand alone system first. I love the Samsung setup with built in DVR. I have 16 camera with built in night vision. I can remote into it form anywhere with internet. I got the system with 10 cameras for $350 then added more cameras 
NEVER buy wireless. Way to easy to hack and resetting is shit.
I then have a home security system (Front point) It is very inexpensive. and added door sensors with voice on the panel. So the touch panel or my phone can lock doors, as those are key pad z wave controlled as well as the garage doors. Also door record who and when the different codes are used. This is good for house cleaners and nanny.  also now Amazon prime. Oh garage door has built in electric dead bolt. 
That system has wireless smoke and carbon and heat sensors, glass break, motion....  House has 3 wire detectors to alarm as well. 
All is custom controllable. So the panel talks to you. Like DOOR OPEN, Rear door locked. ect.... I can see down the street in both directions and now when a car enters my driveway. 
Then get the night vision door bell cam. 
Steel plate enforced doors. 
Panic room with backup server rack with alarm and camera recorders in there, also phone and panic button.  Electric panel with back up generator on city gas. and on demand water. And a small army worth of guns.  
Around house quick access safes for more guns,  and the large dog. 
I have much more but you get the idea. *tracking, motions, auto lights, reinforced steel fence under deck, security glass basement windows.  ect...

Uhhh.... can you link some of those stuff on here or send me a message? Sounds very awesome and you say it wasn’t ‘that’ expensive which is really interesting to me. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, Aaron1085 said:

Uhhh.... can you link some of those stuff on here or send me a message? Sounds very awesome and you say it wasn’t ‘that’ expensive which is really interesting to me. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sent a PM. less than $1000 for alarm, smoke/fire/heat,2 cameras,and motion w/ 10 cam system in hd night vision and DVR. add all the toys still under 2k. 

19 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

sent a PM. less than $1000 for alarm, smoke/fire/heat,2 cameras,and motion w/ 10 cam system in hd night vision and DVR. add all the toys still under 2k. 

Can you send me those links as well?  thanks

Lights are led photo eye but have back up controlled switched to program all calender days. You can see 3 front driveway cams and door bell cam.
Reinforced door jam. 3.5" screws.
And dog. Nicest dog in the world but don't raise your voice or touch anyone aggressive. 57cf289d42c61dd18098cc5b1e0196f3.jpg9b3def9594fb48ea882e0aef270fcea4.jpgc0325d265b2f65acc70852f3f530c44f.jpgca734e4572a8de82d78bcf3ba3b629cd.jpg5f10acde1db5b2335e966c4bbde9b4a9.jpgf03f8c01e06b997190e16c80b2ed590a.jpg72a95a02f56e729ac01dee97b116aaac.jpg2940451fb2d58afa8548496b87e1a1f5.jpg0f2a0e56c371f97b50b4ec6c61c97f4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I should add the cameras offer may options. The screen is divided in a grid pattern and you can select what squares are motion activated and record. Also what cams are hidden or what is shown I have the HDMI running to the 65" tv in the living room and to a tablet. Also to my cell phone. Serve  backs it up to a off site location. 

First week I had this installed a cat set off alarm. Fun to see a man in nothing other than boxers with a Ak 47 and a dog running out side in the middle of the night. 

Archived