2017 NEW COLORADO ZR2 A “SEGMENT OF ONE” AMONG OFF-ROAD PICKUPS New pe

YYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

And...IT LOOKS LIKE THE SHOW TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2016/nov/laas/1115-zr2.html

LOS ANGELES — Just as introduction of the Chevrolet Colorado reset the bar for mid-size trucks, the new Colorado ZR2 is poised to reset expectations for off-road trucks. Chevy’s new performance halo for the Colorado lineup will feature more off-road technology than any other mid-size pickup when it goes on sale.

The ZR2 is effectively a segment of one, combining the nimbleness and maneuverability of a mid-size pickup with a host of new off-road features and the most off-road technology of any vehicle in its segment.

Compared to a standard Colorado, the ZR2 features a much wider track and a lifted suspension. Functional rockers have been added for better performance over rocks and obstacles, and the front and rear bumpers have been modified for better off-road clearance.

Class-exclusive features include front and rear electronic locking differentials, available diesel engine, and the first off-road application of Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSVTM)damper technology.

As a result, the Colorado ZR2 delivers exceptional performance in a variety of scenarios – from technical rock crawling to tight two-track trails to high-speed desert running to daily driving.

“Our engineers have been incredibly successful developing Corvette and Camaro performance variants with broad performance envelopes,” said Mark Reuss, executive vice president, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain. “The ZR2 applies that same philosophy to off-road performance. You can go rock crawling on Saturday, desert running on Sunday, and comfortably drive to work on Monday. This truck can do it all, and do it all well.”

I wouldn't blame any outlet for comparing it as is offers some serious hardware. Sure, it probably doesn't have the 11-14 inches of travel that the Raptor has, but its clearly got capability from that video they put together for it. They beat the crap out of those two trucks in it.

TRD What? Toyota just got rolled over by GM! ZR2 with a duramax? Toyota has nothing on it GM is looking better everyday!

Yeah but because it's a Crapota it will still outsell and be more popular than GM :(

Yeah but because it's a Crapota it will still outsell and be more popular than GM :(

I think it has much to do about not having to spend 45-50 grand for this kind of capability. Toyota doesn't make it so you need to take the fully optioned model if you want something that can seriously go off pavement.

I applaud this effort from gm as it is finally something more then stickers and badges but this is going to cost 50 grand give or take maybe even more with the dmax, which is why the TRD will still be the main choice of most off road enthusiast imo.

Just to give a little comparison to how times have changed, when i bought my 95 zr2 ext cab it's sticker was 24,595 and got it for around 22,000. If i were to ever buy one today it would be a street queen only because i wouldn't have the heart to thrash it around and beat on it which would occur with true wheeling and not just driving through mud puddles.

Archived