My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to understand the reason for copper sparkplugs?

Super Cheap version of Iridium plugs which it is supposed to have so the "gap" stays perfect Much longer. Copper is a 25K plug tops.

Any plug should have COPPER Never seize on the threads though, must have dissimilar metals so corrosion and seize does Not occur. ( Copper vs Aluminum never seize, and the head is Aluminum. )

I'll Probably get the little better spark plugs but I just listed the cheapest I could find

Heres what Ill prob end up getting

http://www.autozone.com/external-engine/spark-plug/acdelco-rpdfire-plat-spark-plug/22182_0_0

And some o2 sensors as well

http://www.autozone.com/engine-management/oxygen-sensor/denso-oxygen-sensor/707431_0_1784_97999

• 6 months later...

The time has come where I need to change my rear differential cover and change the fluid. I know it takes 75w-90 full synthetic. I do not have a G80 RPO, so I don't need the limited slip additive right? Also, so I just buy a cheapo cover or buy a nicer once. Link to the kit I'm looking at.

http://www.jegs.com/i/B-M/130/71505K/10002/-1

or I could just piece it together to get just what I need

just looking at jegs site, and the price difference between just the cover and the whole kit, I would buy the stuff separately, primarily to not use whatever random oil they happen to put in the jegs bottles, and use some castrol or mobil synthetic 75w90 oil instead.

• 3 weeks later...

well I think come spring time I'm going to switch the open differential out to a limited slip. We looked at the spider gears when we changed covers and on every spider gear there was some pitting on the same spot, and metal on the magnet. Any suggestions on a limited slip? I seen they have one on rock auto

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright on my 2000 Silverado 6.0 LQ4 I bought speed engineering long tubes and x pipe. I know it will be stupid loud basically straight piped, I do have some 3" glass packs I could use but I have a feeling those will barely cut down the loudness at all. Other than high flow cats which I don't want to put on unless I absolutely have to, would a muffler help cut down on the some sound and mainly cut down on any rasp and keep it somewhat decent in the truck. I really liked how it sounded with stock exhaust minus the muffler. Not sure what I should do

If you're deleting the cats, get a magnaflow 12909 muffler, or maybe one slightly shorter if you want more noise. I had the 12909 on mine w/out cats and it gave a great tone, not loud at all, but very aggressive. Friendly to the ear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived