My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

Just a heads up, I heard these trucks with the EGR won't run right if you remove it. You'll have to have the EGR system disabled with EFI live, and if your truck gets emissions it will likely fail due to that. I had mine tuned out, but here in PA anything with a gvwr of 9,000 and up is exempt from emissions, so I was ok

Edited by Raptordude

Just a heads up, I heard these trucks with the EGR won't run right if you remove it. You'll have to have the EGR system disabled with EFI live, and if your truck gets emissions it will likely fail due to that. I had mine tuned out, but here in PA anything with a gvwr of 9,000 and up is exempt from emissions, so I was ok

We don't have emissions here in Ohio. We've taken the EGR out of the intake a couple times this weekend. The EGR is still on the truck, but why would the idle still jump up when you spray starting fluid around the front passenger side of the intake if its related to the EGR?

Edited by insidethreat07

I'm not saying the EGR is necessarily your problem, just giving you a heads up as to what I've heard if you remove it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I got ya. I removed the EGR from my camaro a few years back. Ran it like that till i got a tune with hptuners

Well turned out that the egr tube was cracked. So we made a homemade block off plate for the intake and kept the egr plugged in and attached to the header until the block off plates I ordered comes in then we can take the egr off completely

I'm thinking maybe in the spring time I want to chop off the catalytic converters and put a muffler on. Right now it has true duel exhaust with the catalytic converters. What type of muffler should I get? I want a nice healthy sound, but no stupid drone in the cab going down the road. I've been looking at flowmaster supper 44s but those seem like they have a lot of cabin drone

Have you started the truck since you blocked off the EGR on the throttle body? My homemade block off did not seal properly and caused the motor to rev uncontrollably upon start up. Ended up putting the system back on until I can buy the real block off plate. And yes, without a tune, removing the cats will cause the truck to run horribly. A buddy of mine did it on his 5.3 and his mileage went down to 6mpg. That being said, I recently cut off the cats on my 6.0 and had a buddy tune it with EFI live. No lights, no codes, fuel mileage is normal, and it has a good sound. Costed $125. He also disabled the EGR and messed with the torque management a little. Shifts amazing now. You said you don't get emissions, so you should be ok. But it will be stinky. It's an obvious difference, you can really smell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually on my way to my buddies house who is tuning with hptuners. He is going to tune out egr, rear o2s,shift points, more hp and tq. All that good stuff lol. He also tuned my camaro. And yeah my truck has been fine with the block off plate. My camaro smelled really bad with no cats lol

Edited by insidethreat07
  • Like 2

So I've been reading about blower resistors going bad. I bought another climate control thinking it was the problem since it would only work on speed 4 and 5, and same thing on both climate controls. My question: is there like a certain type of a resistor I need? Is there a kit that I would need to buy? I also read that I'd need to change the resistor and wiring harness as well?

Edited by insidethreat07
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...