made offer on new truck

My 2012 has it, and it was a very common complaint between 2011 and 2013 while I followed it..it's a shake you feel when unloaded. The consensus is that it's from the stiffness of the frame and any imbalance/out of round in the tire is felt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is never a thing that is talked about on the dmax forums I have followed since before the 2011 frame change.

It might happen but it must be rare.

Search this forum, there must have been 1000 posts on the subject affecting the 2500s.

Take it for a spin. When you get back to the dealer let it idle and see if you notice a whistle in the power steering. You'll hear it and it should disappear when u turn the steering wheel right or left. It will also disappear if u increase the rpm. They all have the noise. There are some out there that are really noticeable. I rejected the first one because the noise was very loud. Found the same kind of truck I was looking for at different dealer. Noise still there but acceptable.

Ask them to either fill the DEF before you leave or get 5 Gallons from them before you leave so you can fill it when needed. I would ask for a $15.00 coupon to the nearest truck stop that has DEF and fill it there when it shows to be low. That is the one thing that most new owners complain about is not getting the DEF filled during the PDI. :jester:

Did you forget about frame beaming, or did they fix that since 2012?

I have not read of any frame beaming on 2011+ frames. Only read about it on the 2008 and older on the extended cabs and crew cabs.

GM changed the the rear cab mounts around 2008 to fix this. - http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/exterior/32989-frame-beaming-gm-campain-pit3009j.html

Most of the 2011+ HD trucks with vibrations has been due to the cheap tires GM uses.

Then you guys are not reading the same threads I am or having the same issues that I have suffered. And it's up through at least 2012 as a batch of us that had issues with the same year truck.

Make sure your wax covering on the frame is good all around before leaving dealership. It will come off in time so if you see any spots not covered...let the salesmen know about.

You will love the HD truck!!!

Sierra Boy

Picked it up yesterday 12k off msrp. Didn't realize how much things have changed. Love my iPhone but didn't imagine I'd be starting my truck with it. One thing I haven't found is a way to see trans temp is it possible?Dealership was very nice to us not overly nice just right.

Picked it up yesterday 12k off msrp. Didn't realize how much things have changed. Love my iPhone but didn't imagine I'd be starting my truck with it. One thing I haven't found is a way to see trans temp is it possible?Dealership was very nice to us not overly nice just right.

On the cluster Info screen you can customize your scroll list (trips, timer,mileage etc) . There is a box to click transmission temp. If I remember mine defaulted to not display it

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Snarkee I will look there for it. Not like I monitor it constantly but I like to know how it reacts in different conditions then I will know if anything changes. Funny it feels like a spaceship compared to my 2002. All I had to worry about in the old truck was crossing my fingers and hoping my heater fan was in the mood to run. Kept the old one to continue to plow with for awhile saves the new truck some and frankly sticker shock will wear off after awhile and then I will look at new plows. I like western but I will keep an open mind when the time comes.

Archived