Bose subwoofer not working??

I have a 2016 LTZ with front bucket seats and the Bose audio system which I believe means I should have a subwoofer in the center console. After owning the truck for 6 months I am convinced the subwoofer isn't working. Yes, I know that it is only a 6" sub and doesn't do much but.... When I play bass heavy music and put my hand anywhere around the center console I can't feel anything. Near or on the doors and I feel quite a bit of bass. I have tried tweaking the settings in tone control. Also, a few months ago I had a loaner truck for a few days, it was a bench seat with standard audio system and it put out noticeably more bass than my Bose system with the same music from the same source. Finally, my previous truck was an 08' in the same configuration and while not booming, I could definitely feel the sub was there!

So, short of disassembling the center console, can anyone think of a good way to test if it's working? How difficult is it to remove the console??

Thanks!!

The Bose system can and does set B codes for component issues:

B1045 02 - Audio Output 3 Signal Circuits (Subwoofer) Short to Ground

B1045 04 - Audio Output 3 Signal Circuits (Subwoofer) Open/High Resistance

B1045 01 - Audio Output 3 Signal Circuits (Subwoofer) Short to Voltage

Take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

You don't have a sub under the console.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Bench and Bose DO NOT have the subwoofer, Buckets and Bose HAVE the subwoofer.

OP says he has buckets.

I have a 2016 LTZ with front bucket seats and the Bose audio system which I believe means I should have a subwoofer in the center console.

This is from the 2017 brochure- must have LTZ plus package

LTZ Plus Package: Power-adjustable pedals, Bose premium 6-speaker audio system or 7-speaker system including subwoofer with available bucket seats, Front and Rear Park Assist, and heated leather-wrapped steeringwheel

My worst fears are confirmed... My sub is actually working. I took a few trim pieces off of the center console area, enough to get my hand down on the Sub enclosure and feel some vibration. I was hoping it wasn't working and then when it got fixed it would sound much better!

I guess I might consider the Kicker Sub option now although I hate the idea of loosing that floor space in the back.

Bose factory system sucks. Flat out. They might add a couple hundred bucks at resale...maybe.

I wonder if that factory sub could be ripped out and replaced with a decent sub? I mean, relatively inexpensively...i know anything can be done...but, within reason.

I'm with you, I have one according to paperwork...but my ears don't believe what my eyes have seen.

My worst fears are confirmed... My sub is actually working. I took a few trim pieces off of the center console area, enough to get my hand down on the Sub enclosure and feel some vibration. I was hoping it wasn't working and then when it got fixed it would sound much better!

I guess I might consider the Kicker Sub option now although I hate the idea of loosing that floor space in the back.

Get a separate amp (with controls) and upgrade the sub in the enclosure

Get a separate amp (with controls) and upgrade the sub in the enclosure

Would like to do this but the limited research I've done doesn't give me much hope that it is feasible. As I understand it, the enclosure is too small to fit anything bigger than a 6" and even if you could the volume of it is too small for a bigger sub.. Unless you could make a larger enclosure that would still fit under the center console....

Archived