Foglights Auto On

Yeah, I tested in drive... although the first time I didn't and thought I'd blown something, lol.

When the truck is in drive, here's what happens with the 10/22 diode on place:
In daylight, the DRLs come on. Fog lights do NOT come on automatically.
At night, auto headlights come on. Fog lights come on automatically, and cannot be turned off unless all lights are turned off by the knob.
Day or night, if I turn knob to parking lights or headlights, the fog lights come on automatically.  They remain on if I turn on the highbeams, and cannot be turned off unless all lights are turned off.

This is why I built the circuit I did. Launching duck boats at the butt crack of early and driving in campsites. My foglights turn off if the headlights are not on.

The circuit I made for if you changed to X4-23 would work pretty sweet too. Foglights always on unless I turn them off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for your help! I think we're on the right track. Let me digest your diagram while I wait for the relay to arrive. I'll need to convert it to "mechanical speak" before I go any further, lol. If all goes well, I'll post a how-to with pics. If it doesn't go well... I'll be glad I have the Lamby 100% BCM replacement guarantee! Hahahaha

Yes but you could have other features added or adjusted. I think he can add in auto up on all four windows, set it to not rapid blink on led marker lights. If you have a long enough wish list it would be worth contacting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madcow, this is not for me. I was helping others modify the lighting control circuits.

My mods work perfectly. My next mod will be a timer circuit added to my cargo light mod.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, GRUMPE said:
On 5/31/2017 at 5:10 PM, Coby7 said:

I still find the 2 diode setup works great, fog lights come on with DRL and low beam.

Please repost the link for this.  This is what I am looking for.  Sorry if its been posted before, this is my first day on this site so still getting use to the set up.

Thanks in advance

Newer truck's DRL's are pulse width modulated instead of an inline resistor.  So the 2 diodes I used on my 2011 won't work on 2015 and up.  The DRL's  and low beams are fed directly from the BCM.  

The reason for the larger wire gauge is when you drop the voltage on a filament bulb it's resistance also drops because the filament doesn't run as hot, therefore the current increases.

Edited by Coby7

21 hours ago, Coby7 said:

Newer truck's DRL's are pulse width modulated instead of an inline resistor.  So the 2 diodes I used on my 2011 won't work on 2015 and up.  The DRL's  and low beams are fed directly from the BCM.  

The reason for the larger wire gauge is when you drop the voltage on a filament bulb it's resistance also drops because the filament doesn't run as hot, therefore the current increases.

Thank you   :thumbs:

• 2 years later...

Correct me If I'm wrong .. ive tested both pins 10/22 .. both are live power when off.... when you activate parking or fogs via the switch power goes to a ground ... why would a diode be needed ?shouldn't a simple jumper wire do the trick?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:23 PM, Notpops said:

Correct me If I'm wrong .. ive tested both pins 10/22 .. both are live power when off.... when you activate parking or fogs via the switch power goes to a ground ... why would a diode be needed ?shouldn't a simple jumper wire do the trick?

@pgamboa may know the answer to this one.