Foglights Auto On

Do you know where I can find the wiring for rear fogs?

Would they come on with the front fogs?

Never understood why this isn't even an option.

Same with adjustable headlights.

so long

j-ten-ner

It isn't requirement here in North America so domestic car companies have no reason to do it. German and a few other European car companies must include them on their vehicles sold in Europe, and for simplicities sake do not engineer a whole new taillight assembly for the US bound cars.

Probably for the better to be honest. You have idiots in their Audis using them on clear nights blinding and confusing other drivers who do not understand what rear fog lights are.

Basically American drivers are just too stupid to be given another feature they must control on their own. Every idiot with 20/40 vision can get a license here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't requirement here in North America so domestic car companies have no reason to do it. German and a few other European car companies must include them on their vehicles sold in Europe, and for simplicities sake do not engineer a whole new taillight assembly for the US bound cars.

Probably for the better to be honest. You have idiots in their Audis using them on clear nights blinding and confusing other drivers who do not understand what rear fog lights are.

Basically American drivers are just too stupid to be given another feature they must control on their own. Every idiot with 20/40 vision can get a license here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough.

As far as I know, lane departure warning is also not required by law. But it's offered as an option.

You're right, many drivers don't even know how to use a turn signal or when to turn on fog lights.

That's why you see them driving around in broad daylight with the fogs on. Maybe because it looks "cool".

I'm sure that my headlights are better to see in the fog for other drivers than the weak tail lights.

The front fog lights are designed to illuminate the road right in front of my car.

To give me better visibility and not for the "others can see me better" argument.

But the rear fogs are. The sole purpose of the rear fogs IS to be better visible for drivers behind me.

so long

j-ten-ner

Do you know where I can find the wiring for rear fogs?

Would they come on with the front fogs?

Never understood why this isn't even an option.

Same with adjustable headlights.

so long

j-ten-ner

Well I may have written that to quickly without verifying, it is in the BCM menu as rear Fog light enable and rear trailer fog light enable but nowhere did I see actual pin-out for rear fog lights or connector end view with these. So my bad for assuming. This of course was for a 2011.

Re: rear fogs

Typically I've only seen them on British cars and a few German ones. I usually just turn my hazards on in extreme rain or fog

Edited by Sean403
  • Like 1

Rear fogs generally have a separate button/switch and most likely even if it is in the BCM, wiring would be different as would tail lamps since basically the rest of the world requires amber for rear turn signals.

Or we can just program your BCM to remember the last state of the switch ;)

Nope not even in the menus of the TechII unless you have access to more options.

Nope not even in the menus of the TechII unless you have access to more options.

Well if you are using a Tech 2 on a global A car that might be your first indication that something is Amiss.. LOL (this is in the 2014+ section) same could probably be done on the older trucks we'd just have to work it out.