Bose subwoofer replacement option

Thanks for reply waiting to hear from accountant on tax theft . Hopefully not bad and will be ordering soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I dont need confirmation from my accountant, I know the gov is robbing me!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Andreej, I believe I want one of these as well. My stereo guy is dogging me for doing this (smaller) upgrade, rather than tearing out at least half of my rear underseat storage and building a box for a ten inch. But, I am hoping this will be enough.

If it leaves me lacking, I suppose I could relegate it to mid bass and put in an additional sub under the back seat.

I will try and get into town tomorrow and speak with a good car audio shop and decide how to progress.

Thanks for taking the time to research, build and share all of this with the forum. Hopefully I will have one of your boxes in my truck shortly...

Dark

Edited for typing errors

Edited by Darksky

I agree! Unfortunately I wasn't foresighted enough to do it before removing the Bose! Perhaps someone else who got one would be willing to do this?? I already got rid of my Bose sub, otherwise I would consider putting it back in to do some testing.

A before and after video of sub volume/quality using same audio samples would be super helpful to some people in determining whether the upgrade is worth while. :)

• Like 1

Andreej, I believe I want one of these as well. My stereo guy is dogging me for doing this (smaller) upgrade, rather than tearing out at least half of my rear underseat storage and building a box for a ten inch. But, I am hoping this will be enough.

If it leaves me lacking, I suppose I could relegate it to mid bass and put in an additional sub under the back seat.

I will try and get into town tomorrow and speak with a good car audio shop and decide how to progress.

Thanks for taking the time to research, build and share all of this with the forum. Hopefully I will have one of your boxes in my truck shortly...

Dark

Edited for typing errors

I think you would certainly get more bass out of a 10" in the back seat than the 8" can provide. I guess it's a subjective question as to whether the 8" is enough! I can say without hesitation that the 8" is dramatically better than the 6" Bose that came in the truck if that helps you at all. For me I find the 8" is perfect and there is no way I would give up the floor space in the back to have a 10"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally finished my install yesterday with this box, JL W3, and JL 250x1 amp. It was so worth the money!!! I love the sound and wouldn't really want anymore for my taste. Kick drums are super tight and responsive and even the the low bass is impressive. Couldn't be happier. Thanks for a great box Andreej.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk