squeakey brakes or brake

Less than 1,000 miles brakes started squeaking while applying light pressure before stopping. Thought might have been a burr on the roter or pad, gave it some, still squeaking now enough that if tic me off. Took it to the dealer, gave me a loaner and had it for four days. Finally made a phone call and the adviser said that I must have drove through something that made them squeak. Anyway he said that they are not squeaking any longer either cold or hot. Picked truck up last nite and today squeaking again. Should I take it back or give it some time to see if it fixes itself?

About 9,000 miles on mine. My brakes have squeaked almost since day one. Had them checked at first oil change. Dealer said no problems. Said brakes they use now build up a slight surface rust very quickly when exposed to moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine developed a brake squeal a week after I bought it. I'm not worried about it, just annoying to hear it. It seems intermittent whether warm or cold. I assumed it was because of the muddy/gravel and then dry mix I frequently drive on. Some of my trucks have squealed and some haven't. Just interesting to see this thread here. The brakes themselves are performing as good as can be but I think I'll let the dealer know next service just because.

Well it has been wet around lately, but they should not squeak, and you would think that after use the rust would wear off.

Well it has been wet around lately, but they should not squeak, and you would think that after use the rust would wear off.

sorry about the triple post, dang computers, the brakes are working properly in my mine that was the main reason for taking it in. I agree when I take it in for first oil change or for another need I will mention the squeaking.

sorry about the triple post, dang computers, the brakes are working properly in my mine that was the main reason for taking it in. I agree when I take it in for first oil change or for another need I will mention the squeaking.

Us old guys and technology don't mix.

I did catch a rock the first few days after the muddy gravel. The forward/reverse trick didn't work after several tries so I just drove back on the highway as normal (the faster I went the less I heard the grinding lol) but at some point it shot that little stone out. Maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know.

Mine does it too, only when applying the brakes lightly. Glad I'm not the only one. I was planning to mention it to the dealer when I take it for it's first oil change, but it sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up...

• 1 month later...

Anyone else starting to get brakes that squeal on their 2017 2500 HD ???

Just started hearing them a bit over 1100 miles now.:(

PS, @GM Customer Service, please check over and clear out some of your private messages as they seem to be at their max limit due to I keep receiving the following message while trying to send you a private message:

The following errors were found

The member GM Customer Service cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

Clearing either some or all of them would help allow new messages to come in.....Thanks.:)

Mine squeak first thing backing out of the driveway but then they are OK, and it doesn't happen all the time. You should do a pad slap and use a ceramic pad, they worked for me on my Excursion. You can scuff up the rotor with sandpaper to get the glaze off then just take it easy for the first few stops. This is a cheap and easy "try" that you can do yourself.

Mine squeals constantly, not just at startup and does it when it's bone dry mid-day (not wet) after driving for 30 mins+ as well. Sounds like it comes primarily from the passenger side front brake.

I mentioned at my first (1k) oil change and service rep told me it was normal for ceramic pads or something similar and that it would go away - it was a Saturday and the guy had a huge line so I didn't push. It's loud and annoying and have planned to make a couple of videos to take with me at my next service in case they tell me they can't reproduce it.

I'm currently about 3,300 miles.

Edited by dave_clt