6" BDS with Fox 2.5 Coilovers question on height

New to the forum guys and have a question on my Fox 2.5 Coilovers. I did try to search but didn't see what I was looking for. Have a 2017 Sierra with a 6" BDS lift with the BDS replacement rear springs and Fox 2.5 Coilovers. I see a lot of trucks on here with the same set up and they all look to sit level. After I installed my lift my truck still has the 2" rack to it. I actually thought they sent me the 4" coils by mistake but the part #s and measurements matched the 6". My question is did anyone have to go back and adjust their COs after installing to level it out. I have almost 3/4" of threads showing and wondered what everyone else's coils were set at. Appreciate any input or even pics of your 2.5 coils. Thanks.

post-174157-0-92639200-1498236402_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I have the same setup and I only had 1/2-3/4" rake. I lowered my coilovers because I wanted 2inche of rake for towing. Your amount of thread looks the same as mine did. Is there a taller block in the rear maybe? What are the fender measurements?

Mines a 2500 but I have just at 1" showing. On the 3" leveling kit. Mine is about dead nuts level with stock rear springs. BDS recommends 3/4".

Did you leave the rear block in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. Fender measurements are approx 45" rear and 43" front. The measurements between the top of the tire and the fender lip are 11.5" rear and 9.75" front. So basically somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.75" rake. The rear is just the BDS replacement springs on factory blocks. I actually thought they sent me the 4" coils by mistake but the part numbers were correct.

Edited by Builtbyme

Mine is at 43 front and 44.75 rear. I lowered my front coilovers 1.5" so they were 44.5 originally. Sounds like you may have the 4 in coilovers but I prefer a little higher in the rear so it doesn't sag when hauling or towing

• 4 weeks later...

New to the forum guys and have a question on my Fox 2.5 Coilovers. I did try to search but didn't see what I was looking for. Have a 2017 Sierra with a 6" BDS lift with the BDS replacement rear springs and Fox 2.5 Coilovers. I see a lot of trucks on here with the same set up and they all look to sit level. After I installed my lift my truck still has the 2" rack to it. I actually thought they sent me the 4" coils by mistake but the part #s and measurements matched the 6". My question is did anyone have to go back and adjust their COs after installing to level it out. I have almost 3/4" of threads showing and wondered what everyone else's coils were set at. Appreciate any input or even pics of your 2.5 coils. Thanks.

Do you have leaf spring in the back or 5' block?

I'll know shortly my truck is being lifted this week w/the 6" bds w/dsc, but I opted for the 5" block in the back, didn't go with rear leaf springs... heard it really hurts your highway and daily driving.

I do off road a bit, but nothing crazy enough to ruin the truck comfort.

I can give you some feed back soon with pics

Do you have leaf spring in the back or 5' block?

I'll know shortly my truck is being lifted this week w/the 6" bds w/dsc, but I opted for the 5" block in the back, didn't go with rear leaf springs... heard it really hurts your highway and daily driving.

I do off road a bit, but nothing crazy enough to ruin the truck comfort.

I can give you some feed back soon with pics

Mine rides great with the BDS leaf springs and Fox shocks. It tows really well also. The truck isn't bouncy or doesn't feel squirmy which can happen with lifted trucks. I just towed my friends 7000lb boat and rear only squated about 3/4 inch. I actually think the BDS springs with Fox shocks rides better than the factory max/tow leaf springs. Stock it felt stiffer in the rear.

I was thinking of putting these shocks on my 2017 GMC All Terrain X, do I need to do a complete lift kit or can I use jut the shocks don't really want to cut the frame.

Fox has shocks available for stock height trucks. The Bilstiens are also great shocks and not as pricey as Fox.

I was thinking of putting these shocks on my 2017 GMC All Terrain X, do I need to do a complete lift kit or can I use jut the shocks don't really want to cut the frame.

Yes you can get Fox part #883-06-121 which is the 2.5 remote reservoir with dsc adjusters. This coil over is ment for 0 to 2" of lift. So if you want to "level" the truck you can with these. This model number also does not require an after market upper control arm to correct ball joint angles.

I just installed the fox #880-06-525 which is the same shock I listed above but with extended travel and has 0 to 3" of lift with extended travel. This coil over requires an after market upper control arm to correct geometry. I went with dirt king fabrication upper control arms.

This upgrade was worth every penny and that's coming from someone who swapped from Bilstein 5100 adjustable height struts and shocks.

If you are not taking your truck off pavement a lot the bilsteins are an excellent strut and shock especially if you have them set at factory height! I'm doing more fast desert running and the bilsteins were definitely an upgrade but compared to the fox 2.5's it's a night and day difference!

4994c1e4f1d9194dc4c5646400065c60.jpgd490ef7dfec25b863c5412710ad3f6de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Looking to get about 4 inches to 4.5 inch lift out of my truck with cutting the frame if possible. I have no issue to change the control arms. Just not wanting to cut the frame if possible was looking at the CST lifts seem to nice quality and get very good reviews.

Definitely gone go with the fox shocks they seem to be the best and every likes them.

Edited by Ralph jr
  • Like 1