Counter-Acting Balancing Beads for tires

THE_Engineer

Has anyone used the balancing beads in their tires? i have heard they are helpful, if anyone has any experience with them, how much did you use for what tire size?

Thanks in advance

My friend has a Toyota and always had a vibration problem. He was told the beads would fix it and no luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You need a heavy truck, the right tire, and the right amount of powder.

I've used it several times, it worked once...a diesel-powered Dodge 2500, a highway tire, and the dealer had to call the balance-bead place to get the correct amount of powder. When it works, it's freaking awesome...I had 120k miles on a set of Michelin LTX A/S and still had over 1/4-inch of tread left. It was wierd to drive with...absolutely smooth on a nice road, hit a pothole and it would shake for a hundred yards as the powder redistributed.

I tried it in a set of 315x70r17 BFG AT/KO with bad results, I tried it with another set of stock size ATs with bad results, and I tried it in my P-series car tires on my Subaru Outback with bad results...I was really surprised it didn't work in the Subaru.

I was half tempted to try it in the 2500hd, since I run an HT; but was concerned about how it would work with my frame beaming.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I've used them in motorcycles, but never with anything more than two wheels. Worked great in the application I had. I'm sure it depends on how smooth the inside of the tire is. If it's got ribs all over the place, probably not going to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works well in theory under controlled conditions. I imagine one variable is the texture of the surface of the inner tire walls which could affect how well the beads behave under high speed conditions.

I'd only attempt it provided I could be certain that every air fill/topoff would be on with my compressors which is regularly drained and has a water knockout and removable tool oil-er or from a nitrogen tank.

All it takes is a fill up with air from a poorly maintained service station tank contaminated with condensed water and/or a worn oil pissing compressor with no water/oil knockout and the beads may not stay smoothly flowing for very long, especially under freezing conditions. Once it clumps or cakes to parts of the wheel/tire walls it is vibration time.

im debating on getting them for the new 35/11.5r20 nitto tires i am getting. i drive on the highway and i take my truck up to the hunting camp through trails and etc... not sure if these will help or hurt.

Beads are used most commonly for on the road tire changes usually bigger wheels , semi trucks etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some guys used BBs (like for a BB gun) in tires like larger swampers. Some even used airsoft beads. I think I even remember a guy stating he used sandblasting sand.

All it has to do is remain loose and be able to counteract the weight variance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived