Thunderstruck Elite Front bumper replacement

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I'd seen this sooner, the company is from my area and I have some background with them. The original owner sold the company over 6 years ago, and quality hasn't quite measured up since. My bumper was bought in 2011, and they didn't laser/plasma the horizontal mounting holes in the plates. They are big holes. I had to drill them. I wasn't happy.

Other that that, the quality was good and I was happy with the bumper, it is very tough. 6 years later, it does have some surface rust by the wheels. Not sure what my plan is there yet.

For the money though, they're hard to beat and can be optioned with about anything (light holes, winch mount, hitch, etc). From experience on work trucks, deer don't bother them at all. Mine weighs around 150. I think the newer designs with the smooth plate and flat bar in place of the lower tube on mine are sharp.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B5qV4

If I did it again soon, I'd make one myself and buy a TIG do it. Pretty welds and no spatter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wish I'd seen this sooner, the company is from my area and I have some background with them. The original owner sold the company over 6 years ago, and quality hasn't quite measured up since. My bumper was bought in 2011, and they didn't laser/plasma the horizontal mounting holes in the plates. They are big holes. I had to drill them. I wasn't happy.

Other that that, the quality was good and I was happy with the bumper, it is very tough. 6 years later, it does have some surface rust by the wheels. Not sure what my plan is there yet.

For the money though, they're hard to beat and can be optioned with about anything (light holes, winch mount, hitch, etc). From experience on work trucks, deer don't bother them at all. Mine weighs around 150. I think the newer designs with the smooth plate and flat bar in place of the lower tube on mine are sharp.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B5qV4

If I did it again soon, I'd make one myself and buy a TIG do it. Pretty welds and no spatter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Every piece looks to be laser or water jet cut. No jagged edges. Doesn't look like a grinder made the edges. I only had ONE problem with the bumper and that was a single brace that bolts to the inside of the frame. Just plain didn't fit.

As far as the welds. They appear to be good and strong. Not a lot of splatter but they didn't clean them up. Could have smoothed them over to give it a clean look.

I'm not too worried about the rust. I figured it's going to happen eventually. And when it does I'll smooth out the welds.

The added cost over a DIY kit was fine with me. Since I don't currently have a welder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What is the coating they use on these bumpers? I was thinking about having it sent to me plain and then line-xing it when I got it. A little rougher texture but that shit is strong as ever.

Just powder coat.

Trimmed my fender liners so they don't stick out. d11ef47c3dbdcc3ef07e2f1bd7b6cf1a.jpg8e735b970dea87f59dd7e8a07eefdc30.jpg3133a79ed281c166f0119486a56f22ff.jpg

Just powder coat.

Trimmed my fender liners so they don't stick out. d11ef47c3dbdcc3ef07e2f1bd7b6cf1a.jpg8e735b970dea87f59dd7e8a07eefdc30.jpg3133a79ed281c166f0119486a56f22ff.jpg

Just powder coat.

Looks great

Archived