2017 Sierra Denali ultimate problems?

Hey guys it's been a very long time since I've posted. I had one the first 2014 Sierra Denali's with a 6.2 in Pa back in late 2013. Long story short, that truck was a entire bucket of problems that made me get rid of it in a little over a year.

So my question is: Have all the issues been fixed in 2017? My local dealer has the sexiest looking 2017 Denali ultimate in and I'm just about to pull the trigger. Are there any known issues in 17 that I should be concerned about? Please let me know and thanks in advance!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 2017 with the 6.2 and other than the tranny clunking and the Android idol being a bit of a shitshow I absolutely love mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks for the reply!

I have a 2017 Denali with the 6.2. The clunky transmission the seat clicking issue the popping somewhere in the dashboard are my issues. Truck has 4k on it I planned on waiting until my first oil change to address. The tranny issue became too annoying to wait so it is at the dealership now. I will say that if this does not fix the issue I will trade it in.

I have a 2017 Denali with the 6.2. The clunky transmission the seat clicking issue the popping somewhere in the dashboard are my issues. Truck has 4k on it I planned on waiting until my first oil change to address. The tranny issue became too annoying to wait so it is at the dealership now. I will say that if this does not fix the issue I will trade it in.

Ahh ok that's not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for answering my questions!

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2L and around 7K miles on it so far. There have been a few annoyances along the lines of those mentioned in other responses, but nothing that would make me regret buying it. It really is a very nice truck and I'm fairly confident that you would be happy with it.

Best Of Luck.

PS: Do take it for a test drive at highway speed and check for the "Chevy Shake" issue before pulling the trigger on the purchase. That problem often seems to be irrepairable.

Have 2017 Yukon Denali with 2500 miles. Love the engine when it runs correctly but have already had it in twice for misfires - first time replaced injector on #6 - ran OK for 20 miles then misfires again. This time replaced bad coil on #4. Hope this fixes it.

Thanks for all the responses guys. My 2016 Yukon Denali has a weird sound after it's sat for a while that sounds like the rear windows are down. It's a buffeting of sorts but it's flawless other than that. My 2014 left a sour taste in my mouth but in my opinion these are the nicest trucks on the market, so I guess I'll give it another shot.

17 Denali with the 5.3 and 8 speed. So far no major issues whatsoever. No vibrations. Transmission is smooth. I did do the clamp on the seat to stop the clicking.....Fixed.

My 16 Sierra Denali Ultimate has been great overall... No clunking in tranny likes other describe. I did have to have my windshield washer pump changed out under warranty. Not had any issues with vibrations some describe. Currently at 26,000 miles. I have changed out my muffler to a 12909 Magnaflow (removed resonator, stock muffler and flapper) and added an AFE Momentum Gt cold air intake. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Love Android Auto on this system with both Google Maps and Waze running the best constantly updated Navigation systems available.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2017 Denali Ultimate with the 6.2 and the 8 speed, 5k miles. Astounding gas mileage at 22.5 to date. Tranny does clunk once in awhile, and there is a very slight buzzy vibration on the highway but otherwise perfect.

Archived