HD Orders Delayed Due to Hurricanes?

I chalk myself as an informed consumer, but I suppose we all do the same self-assessment, to a degree.

Am currently looking to upgrade from my current 1500 to a 3500; not in a rush, though. Just looking for any informed readers who may be able to provide insight regarding the ordering process of an HD at this particular moment in time.

Am familiar with the GM order workbench, TPW status, etc. Am trying to order a 3500, and my dealer (whom I've purchased from previously) just gave me a line of "we need to get back with you in a couple weeks, according to the GM." I called the guy (fleet rep) on it, and asked if he actually had any allocations for an order, and he of course said that they did. He went on to explain that GM is currently delaying order entry on trucks, particularly HD trucks, due to recent hurricane events.

Does the above response from the dealership, in any form or fashion, ring the truth bell with anyone familiar with the current state of events on GM HD truck orders?

Good point. I've started seeing quite a few 2018 HD's start popping up on lots, though. Makes me wonder if there is truly a legit constraint on the line at this time.

I chalk myself as an informed consumer, but I suppose we all do the same self-assessment, to a degree.
Am currently looking to upgrade from my current 1500 to a 3500; not in a rush, though. Just looking for any informed readers who may be able to provide insight regarding the ordering process of an HD at this particular moment in time.
Am familiar with the GM order workbench, TPW status, etc. Am trying to order a 3500, and my dealer (whom I've purchased from previously) just gave me a line of "we need to get back with you in a couple weeks, according to the GM." I called the guy (fleet rep) on it, and asked if he actually had any allocations for an order, and he of course said that they did. He went on to explain that GM is currently delaying order entry on trucks, particularly HD trucks, due to recent hurricane events.
Does the above response from the dealership, in any form or fashion, ring the truth bell with anyone familiar with the current state of events on GM HD truck orders?

Just remember, over a million vehicles were destroyed in Texas during Harvey. Half of all vehicles in Texas are trucks. Those people have their insurance money now and want a new truck. There are no higher trim level trucks left out there right now. They are sold and people are waiting for more to be produced.

Just remember, over a million vehicles were destroyed in Texas during Harvey. Half of all vehicles in Texas are trucks. Those people have their insurance money now and want a new truck. There are no higher trim level trucks left out there right now. They are sold and people are waiting for more to be produced.

True. True. Am guessing the dealership's response is rational. Their response still sounds a bit sketchy, to me, but you do bring up a good point. This dealership has certainly treated me well on my previous purchase and maintenance.

I call BS, dealer has no allocation and is stalling.

That was my original fear. If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd bet your'e right. I would think they'd at least take the order and let the TPW stall at GM with a constraint. I'll see if I can reach a sales or fleet manager at another dealership tomorrow and see what they say.

Archived