best AT tires for winter?

CbrownGT

Installed....d012529dc44e8e8c045211786c131e33.jpg

For what it's worth, I had a set of these with studs probably ten years ago. They were very impressive in snow, and light off road. I would say they are a 35k mile tire if memory serves me right...they were a digger in snow, most times 2wd would get you through snow and ice. These also have the snowflake, they are more of a HD snow tire than anything. I'm still torn as to whether I will run these year round or swap back to my HT3 this spring...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, pushed snow last night for a little over an hour. Went to town this afternoon, several miles of snow packed rural gravel roads, then negotiating around many streets and store lots where they hadn't really gotten on top of the snow removal. I think i will keep the BFG KO2's.  Never had any real doubt when I bought them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Cooper ATW’s. Great for the first winter season and 8,000km. Down hill after that. Once I got above 10,000km they became very loud and no way would they stay balanced. So brutal that the shop did a full warranty return and swapped them for a tire of my choice. Only cost to me was the difference between the price of the tires. I went with the Duratracs, this is my second set of Duratrcas in the last 6 years. They perform awesome in the winter. My summer tires are Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I got caught in the snow once with these tires on, not very good performance in the white stuff!

7abf664927311b6e1e690ca45c40784c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived