Heated Seats not working

Well it finally cooled off in FL this week.  More than welcomed.  It was int he 40's at 5am going to work and I kicked on the heated seat.  15 minutes later still no heat.  No clicks either like it normally would do.  So now I have to chase down why my seat heater doesn't work.....   the fix list never ends on this truck.  Just had the a/c condenser fixed. 

have not checked yet.  If the fuse is good, I'm not chasing it down.  I'm done chasing down crap to fix on this truck.  It's a part-time job.  At least now I know the heated seats won't break because they're already broken.  Made it this far in life without them.  Add this to the list of items the Titan's 5yr 100k warranty would cover.   At the end of my 5yrs/100k (I drive 20k/yr) I'll see what my spreadsheet shows.  I track everything on my excel sheet when it comes to my trucks. 

Edited by FL335i

19 minutes ago, FL335i said:

have not checked yet.  If the fuse is good, I'm not chasing it down.  I'm done chasing down crap to fix on this truck.  It's a part-time job.  At least now I know the heated seats won't break because they're already broken.  Made it this far in life without them.  Add this to the list of items the Titan's 5yr 100k warranty would cover.   At the end of my 5yrs/100k (I drive 20k/yr) I'll see what my spreadsheet shows.  I track everything on my excel sheet when it comes to my trucks. 

Did your entire seat quit working? I have heated seats and I can't really tell if the bottom part is working? I know the back is,I'm going to have dealer check it Thursday. 

well i chimed in before and count me in on my seats not heating again. nearly 2 years to the date. cooled seats broke 4x now heating element 2x in less than 30k miles...

FL33i, did you figure out if you were going to take it to the dealer, fix yourself or just let it be broke? Wondering if you do it yourself where you'll get the element from?

7 hours ago, audioworks04 said:

Has anyone found the heating element to purchase other than from the dealer, and if so where and cost?  How is the install?

i bought replacements for my Duramax off Amazon.  Plug and play.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, audioworks04 said:

How was the install?  Remove the leather cover and getting it stretched back on properly has me a little leary of attempting this.

I just done both of the seats and took them out of the truck, pulling the leather off was a piece of cake putting it back on it was a little tough but it wasn't bad. I had the same apprehension you did before I got started

My 2014 Sierra has same issues. I can feel heat on my back but none in the bottom cushion. Both sides. Piece of junk for such a newer truck. I have several older early 2000's vehicles and the heated seats still work and about bake you out. I hope this isn't a sign of future quality problems with GMC.