Dead battery?

What's up fellas? Had an issue with my Silverado today. Went this morning to start it, and it was dead. Jumped it with my car and it went on without an issue, or so I thought. Ran to Sam's then to Wal-Mart and came back home. Parked it and about an hour later went out to drive it again, it was dead again! I had to jump it again and went on to do another errand. Left it running for about 45 min. Came back home and went on about my day. Well right now before I put it in the garage, dead again. Jumped it again and put it inside.

I know, I should've taken it to Autozone to get checked or something and shouldn't have been jumping it. Well we we're hosting a birthday party and that was outta the question. I plan on doing that tomorrow. Anyways, truck is a 2014, 5.3, 47k miles. No warning lights or anything, according to the voltage on the dash it looks normal. What gives? Could my battery really be dead just overnight?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's original. I can't believe that. My uncle has a 2012 or 2011 Silverado and he's still running his oem battery. I remember batteries going on for years!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mine went in my 2016 already around 30K miles. My last Ram battery lasted almost 6 years to the day. Factory batteries should last longer than 2-3 years. Also, that really must hurt GM battery sales. If my battery died in 1-3 years there is no way I would put my money back into another battery from the dealer.

My Ram battery lasted so long I went with another Mopar battery. The rest of the truck though.......

I generally get 5-6 years out of my boat batteries. They never even see a trickle charger over winter. Just disconnect and they start fine in the spring with no issues. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2017 at 6:21 AM, 20165.3Eco said:

Mine went in my 2016 already around 30K miles. My last Ram battery lasted almost 6 years to the day. Factory batteries should last longer than 2-3 years. Also, that really must hurt GM battery sales. If my battery died in 1-3 years there is no way I would put my money back into another battery from the dealer.

My Ram battery lasted so long I went with another Mopar battery. The rest of the truck though.......

I generally get 5-6 years out of my boat batteries. They never even see a trickle charger over winter. Just disconnect and they start fine in the spring with no issues. 

Things have changed big time in the past 5-10 years.  2-3 years is the new norm now, across the board, not just for GM. 

Battery in my wife's 2007  Toyota  never been replaced,  knock on wood!  I was going to replace it awhile back as a precaution but the service tech said the current battery charges fine and not to waste my money!