Raptor-Style Amber Grill Lights

It's just a typical Sierra SLT grille. I was going to try and put them at the top right between the thick chrome surround and the top of the three grill oblongs, but they are too wide to fit there. And I'm not so sure I want to put a plastic piece all the way across the oblong section right above the GMC. Perhaps I'll drop a little piece of plastic down into the gap, just enough for each LED. afc0679fe6ff363f43a96449282c51af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an amazing place you're at.....wow

I’ve had lights like these installed on my truck for awhile now. Never got around to posting pictures. Don’t anybody steal my design [emoji135]‍♂️ e530088fbe52e79ac0c4f9253662164b.jpg78560612311d02d0d4fc0a8821203194.jpg

That’s different but still looks pretty good!

I’d be more than happy to take pictures. And yes sir, they sure are. Obviously you can’t have the light bar and cubes on but the orange light is legal. I talked to a state trooper for reassurance. He said they are perfectly legal, as long as they are not red or blue and are not blinding. Which they are no brighter than the parking lights. They are wired into the parking lights so when they come on everything comes on

I can only speak on behalf of CT State Laws .. but those market lights are 100% LEGAL. You can have three colors for forward facing lights which are .. orange/white/amber. For rear facing you can add in red lights but can't have white steady. The only thing that could get you in a little trouble is using the pod lights and little light bar on the street. Now I wouldn't bust you for it but I can't speak for everyone. Love the build .. I'm looking to add some marker lights to my truck as well.

• Like 2

I’ve had lights like these installed on my truck for awhile now. Never got around to posting pictures. Don’t anybody steal my design [emoji135]‍♂️ e530088fbe52e79ac0c4f9253662164b.jpg78560612311d02d0d4fc0a8821203194.jpg

I may steal you design .. but I will make it different and add two more lights so that it is three vertical on each side haha! Very nice! I'm a fan

I can only speak on behalf of CT State Laws .. but those market lights are 100% LEGAL. You can have three colors for forward facing lights which are .. orange/white/amber. For rear facing you can add in red lights but can't have white steady. The only thing that could get you in a little trouble is using the pod lights and little light bar on the street. Now I wouldn't bust you for it but I can't speak for everyone. Love the build .. I'm looking to add some marker lights to my truck as well.

Yes sir it’s the same here in Texas except you can add green to the list of colors. And it’s also the same deal, obviously I can’t use the lightbar. But I find myself driving when it’s pretty late a lot and if I’m the only one on the road for miles I flip them on and keep on trucking, if a car comes I just turn them off, no harm done! But thank you sir!

• Like 1

Yes sir it’s the same here in Texas except you can add green to the list of colors. And it’s also the same deal, obviously I can’t use the lightbar. But I find myself driving when it’s pretty late a lot and if I’m the only one on the road for miles I flip them on and keep on trucking, if a car comes I just turn them off, no harm done! But thank you sir!

Haha I have Rigid Radiance Pods mounted on my A Pillars and I drive with them on a majority of the time!

Which parking light wire did you guys splice into?

You think running a wire to the fuse box under the hood would be the best bet?

Looking to have mine on at all times when the vehicle is on. I think tapping into the RAP/constant power spot would power these on when the vehicle was unlocked as well?

Or I guess tapping into a constant power source through the headlight wiring would work too. Just have to find the correct wire on PGamboa’s harness for my LTZ headlights.

I get my disassembled grill back to apply Xpel on Monday. Think I’m going to do this install before I reassemble/add all of the color matched front.

33 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

That looks sick!! How did you add the mirror clearance lights and do you have any close up pictures of them too?

I drilled out a little hole to allow wires to go through on each mirror. The LED pods have the wires coming out in the center, ion the back and have all weather 3M double sided tape which holds very strong. The LEDs are meant for semi trucks. 

20171124_155958.jpg

Edited by dg805
  • Like 1

Here's mine, had installed mine about 2.5 years ago. Also added side mirror clearance/running leds.
20171124_153343.thumb.jpg.7465c1fbca2f2eaf2b5776fbe75ea458.jpg

That's insane! I just ordered marker lights today actually to do this

You think running a wire to the fuse box under the hood would be the best bet?

Looking to have mine on at all times when the vehicle is on. I think tapping into the RAP/constant power spot would power these on when the vehicle was unlocked as well?

Or I guess tapping into a constant power source through the headlight wiring would work too. Just have to find the correct wire on PGamboa’s harness for my LTZ headlights.

I get my disassembled grill back to apply Xpel on Monday. Think I’m going to do this install before I reassemble/add all of the color matched front.

That's what I would do because you are going to have the DRLs on anyways so it's going to look very good being on all the time

I drilled out a little hole to allow wires to go through on each mirror. The LED pods have the wires coming out in the center, ion the back and have all weather 3M double sided tape which holds very strong. The LEDs are meant for semi trucks. 
20171124_155958.thumb.jpg.23718e52b14e6b3159cd0683f3659cf9.jpg

Where did you run the wires to? The interior and then to your parking lights?