Raptor-Style Amber Grill Lights

14 hours ago, semonscj said:

Tapped into fuse #40. Says it is trans ign (15a). The one you are holding are the ones I got. That looks like a good place to mount them. I’ll get a pic at night when it gets dark out and post

64D7640C-24AD-4961-A759-CB578E81EF0A.jpeg

563F4AE0-09BA-483E-92AF-658D1898A654.jpeg

aw thanks man!... the dont look too too bright.. but i like it.... yeah that space above the grill is 14'..... i was talking to a buddy.. i'm like the raptor lights are spaced further apart... i dont want it to look dumb... he's like you dont drive a raptor!. lol.. .. i'm going to do a cardboard mock up prior to install.. ..but they fit perfect in that slot.. and it will be easy to wire and drill.

thanks dude.. appreciate the response!

It’s the angle. They’re a lot bright than they look in that pic. They don’t give you any usable light. But they do look good. Not a very good pic of them. You’ll be happy with them. I recommend ordering a couple extras for spares. I’ve had 2 burn out in 2 years. Also when you tighten them down. Put some silicone on the nuts so they don’t come loose. I’ll get a better pic and post.  Post some of yours when you get it done 

47496651-5C21-4730-AC31-25380EEDA42B.jpeg

man they do look good... brighter than i thought!... good tip on ordering more! i'll do that... thanks again buddy!... .. .i'll post when i get it done.... got all the stuff for the floorlighting as well.. just finding the time to get it all done.. thats the  issue!.... thanks again!  :cheers:

On 7/10/2018 at 11:56 PM, Haigami said:

Looking for some input. I picked up some amber led lights and was going to integrate them into the chrome piece on both sides of the grille. Can’t decide if they should go on the outside edge or the inside edge. I’d be doing at least the 4 if not all six of the corners. The problem is the bottom two only have enough space to put them on the inner part of the chrome edge. What do you all think. Thanks for your thoughts. c1297a4cf5b3c91d6b414fbf0991e513.jpgf748132d2a6186adc85557384fe29d10.jpga1c7d015f8fb1002ffaf19e986dfa567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's going to look awesome! can't wait to see it.

i do like you guys using the orange... but nothing on my front is orange... the drl are the switchback blinkers.... so only see when turning... . going white! to match everything... . when i find time to get this done, i'll take pics

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Haigami said:

Looking for some input. I picked up some amber led lights and was going to integrate them into the chrome piece on both sides of the grille. Can’t decide if they should go on the outside edge or the inside edge. I’d be doing at least the 4 if not all six of the corners. The problem is the bottom two only have enough space to put them on the inner part of the chrome edge. What do you all think. Thanks for your thoughts. c1297a4cf5b3c91d6b414fbf0991e513.jpgf748132d2a6186adc85557384fe29d10.jpga1c7d015f8fb1002ffaf19e986dfa567.jpg

mount them inside

Edited by slj2008

• 1 month later...
Yes that’s correct. You can position them any way you want on the grill and peal and stick them with weather proof 3m double side tape on to the grill. It looks very clean. I  found them on YouTube looking for amber marker lights. They come from F150led.com, search raptor style lights. You should be able to find a 10-15% off coupon. I got mine for $87 shipped. The guy does an install video on YouTube.

I’m really interested in this kit. Did you splice yours into your marker light or daytime running lights? Any pictures would be awesome, I’ve never done any type of wiring before but those quick connects don’t look too bad!

12 hours ago, nicksoco831 said:

I’m really interested in this kit. Did you splice yours into your marker light or daytime running lights? Any pictures would be awesome, I’ve never done any type of wiring before but those quick connects don’t look too bad!

I Hooked them up to the trailer fuse #15 in the X50a fuse box under the hood on the drivers side with an add a circuit. I am against splicing into the factory harness, so I bought an “add-a-circuit” which allows you to tap a power source in the fuse box without effecting the factory harness.

I Hooked them up to the trailer fuse #15 in the X50a fuse box under the hood on the drivers side with an add a circuit. I am against splicing into the factory harness, so I bought an “add-a-circuit” which allows you to tap a power source in the fuse box without effecting the factory harness.

That sounds a lot cleaner, so you connected the power wire to the add-a-circuit and just grounded the other wire?

On 7/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, Crstfr said:

i do like you guys using the orange... but nothing on my front is orange... the drl are the switchback blinkers.... so only see when turning... . going white! to match everything... . when i find time to get this done, i'll take pics

Did you get these installed?  Wondering how bright the 12mm LEDs are compared to the 10mm diameter.

man i haven't .. .. just not sure they are going to look right in that space... just so close together... .i also thought about putting 2 in where the tow hooks are.. but just havent made up my mind!

On 8/31/2018 at 4:43 PM, OldBlue61 said:

Did you get these installed?  Wondering how bright the 12mm LEDs are compared to the 10mm diameter.