Raptor-Style Amber Grill Lights

Anyone ever mounted amber lights behind their grill like on the Raptor?  I seem to remember seeing a topic on here a month or so ago where somebody did it and it looked amazing but I can't seem to find it after searching around.  Shame, that thing looked sweet.  Ran an image search and came up with a lot of light bars or Ford trucks mostly.  Anyways if anybody's done this, mind sharing some pictures?  I think it would look pretty great on my truck.

• Like 1

Anyone ever mounted amber lights behind their grill like on the Raptor?  I seem to remember seeing a topic on here a month or so ago where somebody did it and it looked amazing but I can't seem to find it after searching around.  Shame, that thing looked sweet.  Ran an image search and came up with a lot of light bars or Ford trucks mostly.  Anyways if anybody's done this, mind sharing some pictures?  I think it would look pretty great on my truck.

It’s somewhere in the what have you done to your k2 today thread. Few months back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Nope, saw the Denali already and that was pretty close but not quite it.  It was a silverado with a black front end.

I think Bushleague is on the money, I'll give that a look.  I was going through the truck pictures thread which is where I thought it was, nothing there, so you're probably right.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

It’s somewhere in the what have you done to your k2 today thread. Few months back

Right on the money.   Here it is:

Ordered some amber rigid radiance pods, a 20 inch, and a 50 inch (it's not pictured because I'm debating on drilling into the truck) but I got them wired up to come on with the parking lights. I love it!

d65959ef90f1dbfc1468f1c39a5684a8.jpg

Also for the upper lights:

They are from superbrightleds.com and they are the 10mm bolt beam lights. I spent a good 5 hours on those little turds, figuring out how I needed to get them, and then I had to get some plastic sheets to cut because if you look at the top of your grille there is only space for 3, but I wanted 5 so that's why I had to make spots for the other two.

• Like 3

That’s me!!!

So you drilled into the grill mesh for attachment of the bolt lights? Would like to see where you drilled. Definitely interested in doing this now.

In Texas, these lights can’t be on while driving or can they?

So you drilled into the grill mesh for attachment of the bolt lights? Would like to see where you drilled. Definitely interested in doing this now.

In Texas, these lights can’t be on while driving or can they?

I’d be more than happy to take pictures. And yes sir, they sure are. Obviously you can’t have the light bar and cubes on but the orange light is legal. I talked to a state trooper for reassurance. He said they are perfectly legal, as long as they are not red or blue and are not blinding. Which they are no brighter than the parking lights. They are wired into the parking lights so when they come on everything comes on

• Like 2

I’d be more than happy to take pictures. And yes sir, they sure are. Obviously you can’t have the light bar and cubes on but the orange light is legal. I talked to a state trooper for reassurance. He said they are perfectly legal, as long as they are not red or blue and are not blinding. Which they are no brighter than the parking lights. They are wired into the parking lights so when they come on everything comes on

Would love to see a pic. Going to do this now before I install my color matched blue grille and headlights [emoji1360]

Thanks for the info, TX troopers were the only one I was worried about!!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

Thank you very much! I’ve got a lot of money and time invested into it, started from a picture in my head and is slowly coming to life

Most of that money is in those rigids! Hah. They're good lights but the prices on them hurt my wallet so bad. 

362b0c14aad23b40519d4fd2241208c8.jpg

Here is a picture of them in the grille.
(Please Note) in any standard “Z71 Grille” there is only 3 of the spaces that are completely plugged off. However I wanted to not be mistaken for a raptor (trust me it still happens) so what I had to do was use “Jb Weld” for plastic and I cut some black plastic sheets that I had laying around and attached them with the Jb weld. I then marked the middle of each black space and drilled a hole just big enough to slide the thread of the lights through and wired each of them to themselves, leaving the last one with enough wire to tap into the parking lights. MAKE SURE to put the nut on the thread of each light before you wire them all together or else you will have to cut your wiring just to secure the lights, I used thread lock super glue to make sure the nuts wouldn’t back off and somehow the light fall out. CAUTION when tightening the nuts on the little lights because the threads are plastic and you can easily break them, hence why I used threadlock. If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask, I’ve gotten many compliments on the grille alone and I never thought it would be such a hit. I actually worried people would just start saying “why not buy a raptor” but thanks for the interest guys, hopefully this helps! And yes I do highly suggest doing this with the whole entire grille off the truck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

That’s me!!!

Great looking truck you got there.  Definitely gonna copy your top lights, super cheap mod that will look great. I like the bar too but the big things I got to sink cash into first are a cover, tool box, fender liners.  Then hopefully an exhaust.

Aaaand I was gonna ask a bunch of questions but then your post above just pretty much answered them. :thumbs:

Edited by Western96

Great looking truck you got there.  Definitely gonna copy your top lights, super cheap mod that will look great. I like the bar too but the big things I got to sink cash into first are a cover, tool box, fender liners.  Then hopefully an exhaust.

Do you have the upper lights wired to a switch inside or do they just come on when you turn the truck on?

They are wired into the parking lights, so anytime they are on then all the led’s are on as well. The light bar itself is wired into the fog light switch. But the orange backlighting is also tied into the parking lights like I said, the picture that they posted earlier in the thread was with the truck remote started, which is my favorite part. I’ve started it in a parking lot coming out of the movies and I love seeing people’s reactions because the lights are so hidden they don’t expect it

• Like 2