Baby Tires on a GMC 1500

7 hours ago, mestupmonkydude said:

https://tirepressure.com/tire-size/p255-70r17

https://tirepressure.com/tire-size/lt275-70r17

While yes one would run 45psi to get the same load as the original p tire. On the lt tire even at 35psi load rating is is 2000lbs per tire so more than the gvwr anyway so its fine. 

Not really, the tire specs are set by the manufacturer for a reason but its your truck and I was just letting you and others know what the dangers of running to low a psi could be.  Go to Toyo's website and download their load inflation table and then refer to page 89.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:48 PM, redwngr said:

There are lots of LT tires out there that are not 10 ply.

Find me a lt 265/65/18 that is not 10 ply

I have had 3 flat tires in the last 6000 miles on my Good for one year wrangler sra's that are P rated. The last left a small cut on the sidewall and cannot be fixed.

the stock tires are absolutly horrible, but keep in mind different trim packages get different tires.

the WT and SLE with 17s get Bridgestone duellers...thats what i had on my SLE.

i burnt through 2 sets and im at 92km (55ish miles) they were quiet and good for gas mileage but horrible for traction, cant stop in the snow, slip in mud...its hardly a truck tire.

i swapped to slightly bigger duratracs and just like someone else said, it feels like a different truck. on 285 70 17, no lift, no level and no rubbing.  it grips better in mud and dirt in 2wd than the stock tires do in 4x4.

mind you...i went from 12.5L/100k to about 16L/100k

20 hours ago, Super 8 said:

Find me a lt 265/65/18 that is not 10 ply

I have had 3 flat tires in the last 6000 miles on my Good for one year wrangler sra's that are P rated. The last left a small cut on the sidewall and cannot be fixed.

Just do a simple search on a tire vendor website and you can find a bunch that are not "10" ply, the bridgestone dueler in that size is a P rated tire.  Also 10 ply does not actually mean 10 plys of rubber, it is just equal to that since tires are not made that way any more.  So most P tires are equal to 4 plys, LT C = 6, LT D = 8 and LT E = 10.  

Archived