What is the difference between a 1LT and 2LT? Anybody know?

guysnydr

Hi all. Looking at new Silverado's. I can't seem to find anywhere online, or in the brochure, where it tells specifically what the differences are between a 1LT truck and a 2LT. One Youtube video seemed to suggest that the 2LT means Z71, but that does not seem to be the case either. I am pretty savvy at internet searches and I can't seem to find a thing that definitively answers the question. A few people have suggested that the 2LT has buckets, console, heated seats, etc., however I have found several 1LT's with those same options. One of the 1LT trucks I found online has Buckets, Console, Heated Seats, adjustable pedals and a few other things! This is just crazy.  I asked my Chevy salesperson, even emailed him the link of the loaded 1LT and he replied that the 2LT has the heated seats and console. Clearly he didn't read my email....  Anyway,  I sent him the link a 2nd time with the loaded 1LT and this time rather than looking in to it further, he simply just never answered me back... at all. Guess that was the easy way out. Surely "someone" knows the real answer here.  I would like console, buckets, and heated seats, but maybe there are other features that I would like on 2LT so it would be awesome to know what they are. Or if you can option a 1LT just like a 2LT then why would they have both?  If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank in advance!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1LT is a regular 4x4 (if its 4x4), chrome front and rear bumpers.  Window sticker will say Silverado 1500 LT.

2LT is Z71, and its listed out on the window sticker as "LT Z71".  Z71 on the 1500 Silverado is a "trim level" if you will.  Gets painted front and rear bumpers, Z71 suspension, Z71 door sills, skid plates, and Z71 graphic cluster. 

23 minutes ago, newdude said:

1LT is a regular 4x4 (if its 4x4), chrome front and rear bumpers.  Window sticker will say Silverado 1500 LT.

2LT is Z71, and its listed out on the window sticker as "LT Z71".  Z71 on the 1500 Silverado is a "trim level" if you will.  Gets painted front and rear bumpers, Z71 suspension, Z71 door sills, skid plates, and Z71 graphic cluster. 

Different grills too.

You need LT2 to get the Z71 option, but LT2 doesn't mean you'll always get a Z71. My 2014 Silverado was an LT2 and not a Z71... The difference between LT1 and LT2 is what comes as a standard option. LT1 comes with every option you can get on an LS and an LT2 comes with those options, plus power seats, and dual climate control as standard equipment.

1 hour ago, Mike GMC said:

As long as you get the options you want, does it really matter what they call it?

I agree.  There are so many overlaps int the various trim levels and special packages.  When truck shopping, I double my chances by looking at Sierras and Silverados.  

Archived