Z71 Bed stickers or door badges?

I own a 2017 LTZ Z71 and Have been considering taking the bed stickers off, and installing the Z71 badges on the front doors. The badges Iam looking at are from the factory, just like the ones on the midnight edition.

Looking for some feedback, thanks.IMG_0986.JPGIMG_0985.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I own a 2017 LTZ Z71 and Have been considering taking the bed stickers off, and installing the Z71 badges on the front doors. The badges Iam looking at are from the factory, just like the ones on the midnight edition.

Looking for some feedback, thanks.IMG_0986.thumb.JPG.01a81ae9c452f02d582a4fbdbb860d31.JPGIMG_0985.thumb.JPG.ff435b512675baa49bba6e80359d9753.JPG

I have considered doing this as well, but I have really looked in to it yet. What are the cost of the emblems?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have considered doing this as well, but I have really looked in to it yet. What are the cost of the emblems?

I ordered them from my dealerships parts dept. for 41.00 each. But he discounted them so I ended up paying $68.00 total.

I ordered them from my dealerships parts dept. for 41.00 each. But he discounted them so I ended up paying $68.00 total.

Not bad. I guess the real question is how difficult will it be to remove the bed stickers.

I didn’t remove the rear stickers. I removed the Texas edition emblems, that sucked!, and added the large Z71 emblems. I like it. 4879ab12c04988c86d3dfa21546ca4ac.jpg

Did you just use the measurement from the old emblem, or place them by eye?

9 hours ago, dnitz71 said:

Not bad. I guess the real question is how difficult will it be to remove the bed stickers.

I removed the bed sticker from my z71.  It was very easy.  Left it sit in the sun for about an hour and it peeled right of.  Didn't have to use an tools or heat guns at all, just my fingernail.  Truck was about 8 months old when I did it, had no ghosting from the stickers.  I debadge the truck, except for the black bowtie on the tailgate.  I ordered the z71 door emblems, but I decided I liked the way it looked with no emblems.  May put them on at some point, but not for sure yet.

I removed the bed sticker from my z71.  It was very easy.  Left it sit in the sun for about an hour and it peeled right of.  Didn't have to use an tools or heat guns at all, just my fingernail.  Truck was about 8 months old when I did it, had no ghosting from the stickers.  I debadge the truck, except for the black bowtie on the tailgate.  I ordered the z71 door emblems, but I decided I liked the way it looked with no emblems.  May put them on at some point, but not for sure yet.
Awesome thanks for the info, I haven't even looked that close at mine yet and I wasn't sure if they were under the clear or not.

I just did this.....pretty easy mod to do. I used my old Silverado chrome letters as a reference line. Mind you this is a black 2011 but  the results are essentially the same.  The midnight edition emblems look great and pretty much would go with any color!

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

I just did this.....pretty easy mod to do. I used my old Silverado chrome letters as a reference line. Mind you this is a black 2011 but  the results are essentially the same.  The midnight edition emblems look great and pretty much would go with any color!
IMG_0257.thumb.jpg.969ead775a6e5c28509a04eec23862b4.jpg
IMG_0256.thumb.jpg.504a7775ccd97f9209c1aeccbaa14e89.jpg
IMG_0253.thumb.jpg.3d472f1b8232b5e4d7d8aa942351fba7.jpg

Emblems look killer man! What do you wash/wax your truck with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Emblems look killer man! What do you wash/wax your truck with?

Thanks man I appreciate that! I use a product called Dri-Wash. Stuff works great and keeps the Black nice and polished. It’s a lot of work keeping up with it but I swear by the product.

Thanks man I appreciate that! I use a product called Dri-Wash. Stuff works great and keeps the Black nice and polished. It’s a lot of work keeping up with it but I swear by the product.

Im going to look into it. I can’t ever seem to make my black as black as others trucks look, if that makes sense haha. Thanks bud.

Im going to look into it. I can’t ever seem to make my black as black as others trucks look, if that makes sense haha. Thanks bud.

It may need to be properly buffed. If the clear coat is hazy it won't like as good as it could.

Archived