Headlight shake TSB - 18 2500

I have noticed a pretty good headlight shake at night, (18 SLT duramax among a few other things) I thought I read that there was a TSB? Could someone share it ? I’d like to be prepared before I walk into the dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The headlight TSB is 18-N-001 and was issued Jan 4th, 2018...below is a quote from a post on another forum...

The attached pic of the TSB is hard to read...but you can easily Google Search it from the number...

"After realizing that you can see the headlights shake just by closing the door hard I took it in to the dealer again. This time I was able to show them what I was talking about just by shining my lights on a wall in their shop about 30' away and shutting the door hard. Now they could see exactly what I was talking about. Then the service manager came out with a piece of paper. It appears GM is finally acknowledging the problem but has no intentions on fixing it. The service manager explained to me how the HID bulb works and said this is normal in HID's. I then told him I have two other cars at home with HID projector lights and neither do it. I also told him I have road in several different cars with this type of light and none of them shake. I ride to work with a guy with an F150 with HID projectors that paid almost half as much for his truck and they don't flicker. I also told him every time I run into someone with a GMC with HID's I ask them if their headlights shake and they all say the same thing "yes and it drives me crazy". He tried to tell me it was probably because of the stiffer suspension on the HD trucks. I simply said "stiff suspension?" I then told him to look at the wall as I opened my door and shut it firmly (not a full on slam just harder than normal). Then I told him I see that constantly going down the road over every little bump in the road and asked him if he thought that was "acceptable" on a $70K vehicle. I was starting to get upset so I regained my composure. He agreed with me but tried to defend GM as much as possible. In the end he then wrote the number for GM down on this TSB, told me to call and have anyone I talk to with this issue call and complain to GM. He said if enough people complain they will come up with a fix or recall. So here it is."

Complaints can be filed through GM Live Chat also...

Headlight TSB.jpg

• 5 months later...
Any updates?

i was going to replace Ranchos with 5100s anyway and hopes it helps this to. 

That’s my plan as well. Dealers were no help, nothing could be done. Frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed the bulbs in my 2017 gmc denali to the morimoto 35 watt ds5. Reaimed them and no shake and much better light output. That's what a lot of people have been doing on the various forums I visit. Caught them on site sale for 270 free ship. Sucks to have to do it on a $70000 truck but I don't regret it and money well spent. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:11 AM, NevadaNick said:

I've been to the dealer and talking with GMC customer care.  Bottom line is they say its Normal.  direct quote.......

"Thanks for following up with us, We have had a chance to discuss with D** Sang****.  The shake is considered operating as normal, the dealer will not be able to perform any repairs.  Should you have any other questions please let us know"

My response was,   "Normal!?  GM needs new engineers.  This doesn't happen in any other non GM vehicles, trucks or otherwise.  GM has a problem and is not willing to address it and won't until enough people complain."

I have also tried to file a complaint to with the NHTSA and as of right now the site seems to be broken.