2019 Sierra will be my next truck

Hi all. Currently not a GM owner, I drive a 2016 Ram. The new 19 Ram left me disappointed  and the 19 Sierra has me excited. I'll be trading in as soon as the new trucks become available. I know the lineup of engines going into thee new trucks have some new technology, just curious if buying a first year "new" GM product is hit and miss (seems that way for most I guess) How's GM's warranty? do they try to deny any claim they can? Honestly never owned a GM truck before, just two Rams and a Toyota Tundra. Hoping GM quality is up to par (and hopefully well above Fiat/Chrysler)

Excited to join the community as soon as I can get my hands on this new generation truck!

Welcome to the forum. I have not had to go back for warranty work in over 20 years, so cannot describe service. Though after years of reading stories online, just remember dealerships are independently owned. I think service can vary greatly between shops regardless the mfg they represent. I would use sites like dealer rater or google reviews to read up about specific dealerships in your area. 

Further, there are more details that GMC will be releasing about the new trucks on March 26th. Good luck with your trade. 

Welcome, the 2019s are packed with new technology so it should be a fun truck to jump into. I have a first year 2014 Sierra & have had minor issues with it, but most been fixed with recalls. There a few nuisances that I never got around to fixing but the truck itself runs and works just fine. I’m happy with it for what it’s worth. Most of the tech works perfect and I haven’t had major issues that weren’t caused by aftermarket parts or mods, so you should be okay going into this 2019. There are lemons out there though, the quality of service depends entirely on your dealer. If you two have a good relationship, they’ll treat you great. I’ve always eyeballed rams for there aesthetic appeal, bust most have told me to steer clear due to quality control issues. I can’t personally speak on that though, been a GM guy my whole life. Welcome to the team sir. 

5 hours ago, EChavez said:

Welcome, the 2019s are packed with new technology so it should be a fun truck to jump into. I have a first year 2014 Sierra & have had minor issues with it, but most been fixed with recalls. There a few nuisances that I never got around to fixing but the truck itself runs and works just fine. I’m happy with it for what it’s worth. Most of the tech works perfect and I haven’t had major issues that weren’t caused by aftermarket parts or mods, so you should be okay going into this 2019. There are lemons out there though, the quality of service depends entirely on your dealer. If you two have a good relationship, they’ll treat you great. I’ve always eyeballed rams for there aesthetic appeal, bust most have told me to steer clear due to quality control issues. I can’t personally speak on that though, been a GM guy my whole life. Welcome to the team sir. 

Thanks! My first Ram was a 2011, had great luck with it, the 2016 not so much lol, so I guess first year isn't the only ones that are trouble. I'm willing to roll the dice on a brand new GM, sure like the styling and can't wait to hear what the HP and TQ numbers will be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2018 at 5:55 PM, Cascadia said:

... I'm willing to roll the dice on a brand new GM, sure like the styling and can't wait to hear what the HP and TQ numbers will be. 

Hello. I bought a new Airstream and had a 2017 GMC Canyon Denali (3.6L, 308hp, 8-speed transmission) in which to tow it. Realizing my TV was near the end of the appropriate TV range for my specific trailer (6000 lbs), I traded my 2017 GMC Canyon Denali for the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. That truck is fabulous. The Denali has the gas engine 6.2L which is 420 hp, 460 lb/ft torque and 8-speed transmission. Here is what it gave me. Chicago to Denver not towing no discernable headwind: 19.4 mpg @72 average mph. Return trip towing with discernable headwind: 13.4 mpg @ average 65 mph. The first 500 miles of towing I went no higher than 50 mph per owner manual. Still. remarkable performance.

The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali will be comparably equipped except they will have the 10-speed transmission. If the numbers are good for me at trade, I may upgrade again just for the towing package improvements. The ride, conveniences and performance of my 2018 is very satisfying.

If the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali is anything like the 2018, you won't be disappointed.

zoz

• Like 1

Honestly after owning a 2014 and seeing the improvements in the 2015 model year, I would wait for a 2020... The new Rams look pretty cool though I'd test both and see what you think...

• 2 weeks later...