FYI - 2018 2500HD level lift and wheel tire fit

Just sharing some info..

Installed a cognito level lift with upper control arms, keys, and shock extensions.

Lifted the front 2.5"

Wheels 17x9 with 0 offset

Tried installing 315/70R17s and they rubbed all kinds of spots on the right side. Back of metal bumper, plastic air dam under bumper, and plastic/felt wheel well.

285/75r17 barely cleared the bumper but hit the wheel well and would have rubbed bad when off roading.

Downsized to 285/70r17 and they fit great.

Here is a pic with the 315s (bottom) and the 285s (Top)

9e3d293a24b029011e518836e288475e.jpg

8eff1303e03b74aa5cf445f27b9e3baa.jpg90ebe67155daa5df7bbe958415f5b4ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think it's because you went zero offset wheels.  The 285/70/17 you have on look perfect.  For the leveled truck. Fill in the wheel wells but leave you room for flex when out on the trails.

did you install the UCA yourself?  
Yes, I installed everything myself,

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

On 4/13/2018 at 10:13 PM, SierraHD17 said:

Yup. keep some postive offset and you can go quite a bit bigger than those with less lift.....

stupid question I could probably find if I took the time to search harder but what is the offset of the factory 18s?

Thanks for the post, spiritwalker. There aren't too many guys running 17's on this forum. As stated, I think your 0 offset rims are what caused the most problems. I've only cranked my stock keys 6-7 turns, and my 285/75/17's clear just fine without any trimming or rubbing at all. But, I'm running a 17x9, +18mm offset rim. In fact, I've considered going up to a 315/70 when these wear out, because of how much clearance I have.  

Agree with the comments.  More offset would help clearance.. and stock wheel offset is +44. 

After running these for a few days I am happy with them and I know I will be able to go off road and let the suspension articulate without rubbing.   Also, want to have room to run snow chains or cables if needed.

Here is a little different angle. 1457a11dcf819c3cfdb114a289abe5fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good looking truck. Like you. I went with 0 offset wheels and have some rub in the right side. Tonight I installed some diff lowering spacers to get a better cv joint angle and UCA to get some suspension travel out of the front end. So while doing this I kept wondering what i should do about the bumper rub. I read on another forum that you stack 2 washers together (8 sets) and push your bumper forward 1/2”. That’s about all I need for my 295/60-20’s. It might work for you too if you only need a smidge or so for clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 9:26 PM, Waaazooo said:

Good looking truck. Like you. I went with 0 offset wheels and have some rub in the right side. Tonight I installed some diff lowering spacers to get a better cv joint angle and UCA to get some suspension travel out of the front end. So while doing this I kept wondering what i should do about the bumper rub. I read on another forum that you stack 2 washers together (8 sets) and push your bumper forward 1/2”. That’s about all I need for my 295/60-20’s. It might work for you too if you only need a smidge or so for clearance.

I thought of doing something like that.  Then I looked under the bumper and said eff it..   Too much work.. LOL..   I also wanted to ensure I had clearance for the suspension to articulate when going off road.. 

I thought of doing something like that.  Then I looked under the bumper and said eff it..   Too much work.. LOL..   I also wanted to ensure I had clearance for the suspension to articulate when going off road.. 

I thought the same thing. Very easy to do. I was genuinely surprised

• Like 1