2016 Siverado Bilstein + Spacer frankenstein setup

Hoping someone can assist me with my question here, as I don't think this has come up often.

Just to preface - I've got a 2016 Silverado, leveled with Bilstein Adjustable on the 1.25" setting. Love the way the Bilsteins ride, but would like to go slightly bigger (moreso than the top bilsten setting which is roughly 1.75)

Could I run a 2 inch top strut spacer on my Bilsteins (putting me around 3.25") ***with new UCAs*** and a bigger block in the rear , without running into any issues? Will the adding of the top spacer vs. the bottom put any damper on my ride quality due to any preload?

Any advice is appreciated!

I bought my Billy’s off a forum member who added a puck to them on the middle setting I think it was. According to him it absolutely Killed the ride quality of them, and he had some issue not being able to get the spacer off. Sold me the Billy’s for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2018 at 5:31 PM, Skeeter McSkeet said:

I bought my Billy’s off a forum member who added a puck to them on the middle setting I think it was. According to him it absolutely Killed the ride quality of them, and he had some issue not being able to get the spacer off. Sold me the Billy’s for cheap.

Good to know. I love the ride quality of these things, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a full lift kit with upgraded shocks since I already have them.

I guess my next question would be - (ride quality aside), could it be done without compromising the integrity of any of the other components? If I have the geometry correct from the standpoint of buying new UCAs. 

Good to know. I love the ride quality of these things, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a full lift kit with upgraded shocks since I already have them.

I guess my next question would be - (ride quality aside), could it be done without compromising the integrity of any of the other components? If I have the geometry correct from the standpoint of buying new UCAs. 

That’s above my pay grade lol.

22 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

That’s above my pay grade lol.

When the hell do we get paid!?

J/k I'm new here but the quote from Ringer stuck in my head after seeing this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Travis1024 said:

Aftermarket UCAs are made with more arch to clear the droop stops and the ball joint pocket made for a better ball joint angle. Which makes for more down travel and better ball joint angle. All your other front end parts will still wear faster and geometry will be bad. That said, rough country sells the crap out of 3.5" kits with just new A arms. If you aren't off-roading you will probably be fine and just end up replacing front end parts quicker than you would without a level. 

Everyone has an opinion on this (some right, alot wrong) but it's all according to what you are willing to replace or how much ride quality you are willing to suffer.