Hi all,

I have narrowed my subwoofer selection to the below options from JL Audio.

I am leaving the 2 dash and 4 door speakers Bose as they are plenty loud and the Bose AMP filters the low frequencies so they don't distort even near max volume.

I like the idea of not loosing underseat rear storage with the single 10". But will that be enough? They also offer (2) 10" subs for under rear seat. 

I was going to order the under front console center sub and if thats not enough I could add the rears and keep or sell the front. 

Single 10" $599

• designed for Crew Cab trucks with front bucket seats and factory console
  • 10TW1-2 10" 2-ohm subwoofer
  • power handling: 300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694645/JL-Audio-Stealthbox.html?tp=113

Dual 10" $1199

• black Stealthbox enclosure fits under rear bench seat
  • two 10" TW3-D8 subwoofers
  • power handling up to 800 watts RMS

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694647/JL-Audio-Stealthbox-Jet-Black.html?tp=113

Edited by 2009GMC

Ordered the single JL Audio StealthBox 10"  SKU 94645 that fits under the center console.

4/23 - 4/24 www.rakuten.com has SAVE10 10% ($30 Max) and SAVE15 15% ($50 Max) off of entire site.

I found the JL Stealthbox for $549 - $50 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $475. 

Still pricy but much better than the $600 retail price.

Search site for SB-GM-3GSLVCNSL/10TW1

Also ordered the JL Audio XD300/1v2 amp for $300 - 30 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $257 (Retail $340)

I'll update this post when it all arrives and I get it installed, wired, etc.

Edited by 2009GMC

4 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

Ordered the single JL Audio StealthBox 10"  SKU 94645 that fits under the center console.

4/23 - 4/24 www.rakuten.com has SAVE10 10% ($30 Max) and SAVE15 15% ($50 Max) off of entire site.

I found the JL Stealthbox for $549 - $50 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $475. 

Still pricy but much better than the $600 retail price.

Search site for SB-GM-3GSLVCNSL/10TW1

Also ordered the JL Audio XD300/1v2 amp for $300 - 30 coupon - 5% (PayPal and Chase Freedom) = $257 (Retail $340)

I'll update this post when it all arrives and I get it installed, wired, etc.

Do yourself a favor and return the XD amp, bc you will be working it pretty hard. Buy the jl jx500/1, more power the better. The technology is similar to the XD line. Also, buy an audiocontrol lc2i for your Loc. The lc2i produces 9.5v preouts, therefore places less stress on your amp and factory electrical system. I have dual 12tw3 on the jx 500/1 and my gain is at halfway, and the subs are loud. 

Don't forget to order a sub control knob as well

41 minutes ago, Dub1796 said:

Do yourself a favor and return the XD amp, bc you will be working it pretty hard. Buy the jl jx500/1, more power the better. The technology is similar to the XD line. Also, buy an audiocontrol lc2i for your Loc. The lc2i produces 9.5v preouts, therefore places less stress on your amp and factory electrical system. I have dual 12tw3 on the jx 500/1 and my gain is at halfway, and the subs are loud. 

Don't forget to order a sub control knob as well

I don't have to worry about over driving the 10TW1-2 using the jx 500/1?

http://www.jlaudio.com/10tw1-2-car-audio-tw1-subwoofer-drivers-92188

Any other brand of amps you recommend? I can still cancel....

Edited by 2009GMC

15 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

I don't have to worry about over driving the 10TW1-2 using the jx 500/1?

http://www.jlaudio.com/10tw1-2-car-audio-tw1-subwoofer-drivers-92188

Any other brand of amps you recommend? I can still cancel....

Nope, u can control the output by using the gain setting. I also recommended that amp bc u mentioned if you weren't happy with the single, u might purchase the dual setup. Atleast this way you won't have to buy another amp

I stand behind jl audio amps and subs. I've personally used and installed these amps at my shop for years and have had a great success record. 

I also like audiocontrol amplifiers. There are 1ohm stable, have alot of power, and have a built in LOC. This will give you a higher voltage preouts, a Cuba's for sub roll off, and gto turn on if you can't /don't want to find a remote turn on

I am also interested in the duel 10 stealth box but have yet to here one installed. I'm not trying to enter any sound comp's but I would like something that hits pretty decent and possibly piss off grandpa sitting next to me in traffic lol. Dub1769 you sound like you have experience with them. You think those in my crew cab being pushed by the jx1000 should hit pretty hard?

2 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

I am also interested in the duel 10 stealth box but have yet to here one installed. I'm not trying to enter any sound comp's but I would like something that hits pretty decent and possibly piss off grandpa sitting next to me in traffic lol. Dub1769 you sound like you have experience with them. You think those in my crew cab being pushed by the jx1000 should hit pretty hard?

Ya it hits hard with that setup. Or get this built for cheaper and you'll be heard at the stop light lol

20180126_140615.jpg

Edited by Dub1796

4 hours ago, Dub1796 said:

Ya it hits hard with that setup. Or get this built for cheaper and you'll be heard at the stop light lol

20180126_140615.jpg

That looks great!  How much would this cost installed at your shop? 

That custom enclosure is awesome!!

I have one of these under my back seat http://www.jlaudio.com/acs110lg-tw1-car-audio-powerwedge-amplified-subwoofer-systems-93334

It sounds awesome, but now I wish I would have went with the 12" to get a little more sound. I may put the 10 in my other truck and get the 12 eventually.