Auxiliary switch location

I have looked through several threads and have not found exactly what I am looking for.  I am installing strobe lights on my truck for times when I am on our construction sites.  I have a 2018 2500HD Duramax and all of my available switches on the factory bank are being used by factory options.  I have seen where some have used one of the cigarette lighter plugs or even hooked up to one of the homelink buttons to install an auxiliary switch but wanted to see if anyone has used other locations for mounting auxiliary switches.  I do not want to use the homelink buttons nor do I want to use one of the cigarette lighter outlets...any thoughts, photos, threads I have missed, etc.

Thanks in advance!

44 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

i have two switch mounted on the trim piece under head light switch . or you could add some by the home link ?

Do you have a photo of your switch?

30 minutes ago, Tunnelgas said:

Do you have a photo of your switch?

SORRY NO PHOTO - i haven't master how to load photo's , lucky i can used a computer.

I’ve ran into this problem as well. You can install switches into the overhead near the home link. I have bad shoulders so that’s no good for me. I recently saw a a thread where people installed switches in the door. No super convenient but out of the way NW didn’t look too bad either. Which also had me thinking about putting them on the A pillar and just use small peg style.

Feinix has a few fully integrated set ups that can even stick to your windshield. Xk has a Bluetooth controlled module too. I can’t vouch for the BT unit but I know people that have them set up for their rock lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have some in the overhead console. You can fit up to 5 switches in there. I also have some in the dash behind the turn signal. Those are pretty discreet since they’re behind the steering wheel but also easy to hit without looking. 

0C861CF3-CE84-415C-BFD4-349AAE4E0AE1.jpeg

3FD63433-A41E-42EB-90DE-36BB1DE5AB4D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey, Mike Vickers,

Sorry this is asking you a question from a video you posted long ago.  But you mentioned that you could switch some lights wirelessly using the Home Link system?  How do I know which lights to buy?  They are not bluetooth, correct?  It's some other sort of wireless communication?

I would really appreciate the help.  I wonder if there are other truck options that I can add, that can be bought with the same wireless switching?

Many thanks, hope you get this,

Pete

Lafayette, LA