Cigarette Lighter

Hey peeps, 

Any of you electrical savvy owners know if the receptacle in the center console is the same amp as the 2 up front (17 SLT CC)? I want to install the lighter kit but I want the lighter in the center console and not up front like it would come from the factory. Just not sure of the volts/amps etc.

Funny thing is, I don't even smoke nor would anyone ever be smoking in my truck :). Just  purchased the kit and want it installed.

I'm almost positive that they are separate files because I remember my old truck the fuse below for the one up front but the center console was still working.

If you look at your fuse diagram I think it is called AUX POWER and are 20A fuses.

Edited by ChristopherDB

On 5/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, ChristopherDB said:

I'm almost positive that they are separate files because I remember my old truck the fuse below for the one up front but the center console was still working.

If you look at your fuse diagram I think it is called AUX POWER and are 20A fuses.

Ok thanks for the response.

• 2 months later...

HI everyone,

I need help, can not find lighter fuse, on a 2017 WT chevy silverado 1500, diagram description is so short I can not understand it.  I blew it, can not find it!!!!!

Thanks,

BajaKing

Edited by Eliot
incomplete explanation

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Trailwood said:

Both of my cigarette lighter receptacles do not work and fuses appear to be ok.  Any suggestions of what the problem might be?  It is on a 2018 Silverado.

Did You do a Visual Test or Multimeter Continuity Check? They Don't Always Look Blatantly Blown. Must Check With Multimeter.

If Not Fuse You May Want to Check the Socket With a Multimeter.

Ground (black) is the Sidewall and 12v (red) is the Back Center.

If You Don't Have Ground (Corrosion, etc) you Won't Get a Proper Circuit

If You Don't Have 12v and Have Good Ground, Then You're in Need of a Wiring Diagram

On 5/3/2018 at 7:34 PM, gtbigup01 said:

Hey peeps, 

Any of you electrical savvy owners know if the receptacle in the center console is the same amp as the 2 up front (17 SLT CC)? I want to install the lighter kit but I want the lighter in the center console and not up front like it would come from the factory. Just not sure of the volts/amps etc.

Funny thing is, I don't even smoke nor would anyone ever be smoking in my truck :). Just  purchased the kit and want it installed.

See the check I replied to the other guy in this thread and post results please

20 hours ago, The Snow Punisher HD said:

Did You do a Visual Test or Multimeter Continuity Check? They Don't Always Look Blatantly Blown. Must Check With Multimeter.

If Not Fuse You May Want to Check the Socket With a Multimeter.

Ground (black) is the Sidewall and 12v (red) is the Back Center.

If You Don't Have Ground (Corrosion, etc) you Won't Get a Proper Circuit

If You Don't Have 12v and Have Good Ground, Then You're in Need of a Wiring Diagram

I did a visual check.  I don't have a multi meter but I think my son does.  I'll try what you said  and thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to take the truck back to the dealer; turned out that both fuses were blown.  The fuse type is the square head type with only a small area for visible checking.  I thought the fuse was good.  Funny thing is that I had never plugged anything into either of the recepticles and I have owned the truck for 6 months.  I needed to use a plug in type air pump and found out then that neither worked.