Silverado Sunroof Install?

Is there a way for a dealer to install an OEM sunroof on my truck?

I have a 2015 Silverado CCSB Z71 LT. 

1. I am unwilling to purchase a new truck just for this option. Additionally, I am not worried about resale value because I plan to run this truck until the wheels fall off.

2. I WILL NOT install an aftermarket sunroof in the fear of leaking or unessecary wear overtime.

13 minutes ago, a_salazar08 said:

1. I am unwilling to purchase a new truck just for this option. Additionally, I am not worried about resale value because I plan to run this truck until the wheels fall off.

2. I WILL NOT install an aftermarket sunroof in the fear of leaking or unessecary wear overtime.

Dealerships will sub out the job    they dont actuslly do it. Just like if you buy a lifted or lowered truck.  The work is subbed out

All the dealer does is send it out the sunroofs are all aftermarket when dealer installed. The only thing they do is order a factory headliner and sun shade. If I was going that route I would try and have them also install the factory buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, a_salazar08 said:

Only way to get a "true OEM sunroof" is to buy a truck that was built with a sunroof from the factory. Other than that there is no true OEM sunroof install.

• Like 1

I don't think a dealer will install a OEM sunroof. I went to my local dealer and asked if they could do leather seats in my truck and they said they would of just sent the truck out to a shop to get it done. They gave me the name of the shop i looked it up and it ended up a Katzkin dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I don't think a dealer will install a OEM sunroof. I went to my local dealer and asked if they could do leather seats in my truck and they said they would of just sent the truck out to a shop to get it done. They gave me the name of the shop i looked it up and it ended up a Katzkin dealer.

You can get oem leather skins from the dealer. I am

You can get oem leather skins from the dealer. I am
I'm sure you can order it through the parts department but this dealer doesn't do any leather install they just send it to a shop to get it done.

8 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Just curious how a sunroof can have more options? They tilt and slide, what else?

Hooksets are free...

nice~..hooksets are free!..... . just like they will be this weekend for me on lake grapevine and sam rayburn.!!!!... . tight lines dude!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input so far! I guess I have some thinking to do.....

I have a feeling I might just let this thought in my mind fade because aftermarket sunroof fabrications sounds scary and maybe more hassle than what it's worth.

Additionally, If anyone has any success or failure stories, I'm all ears. lol

On 6/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, austingta said:

I had one installed on my 15. Better warranty than OEM from GM and more options. 

It had auto-close and maybe something else. It was great; never a problem. 

• Like 1

nice~..hooksets are free!..... . just like they will be this weekend for me on lake grapevine and sam rayburn.!!!!... . tight lines dude!

Rip some lips my man!! I’m moving this weekend or I’d be out there too, going to be a great weekend here for it!

Hooksets are free...