2014 driver seat rear panel

2014 1500 Z71 - the other day I noticed the panel on the rear of the driver seat was hanging off, turns out the clip that snaps it into place broke off. not sure how it happened because I never put anything in my back seat except for groceries. I was trying to find a replacement panel on line but was having trouble pinpointing the exact one. its black plastic with black leather pouch but can only find the cloth version replacements and cant find part number anywhere on the panel. anyone have some info of part # or a website I can look into? would hate to have to go to dealership and pay twice as much. 

I broke the lower clip off on my driver seat while trying to diagnose my seat heaters (before I read the right way to remove that panel).  I ended up trying to JB weld a piece of plastic in place to hold the panel in place, but that's didn't hold.  What's been working for a while now was done using a hot glue gun (and a lot of it) to reinforce the area where I added the flat pieces of plastic that were about 1/4"x1.5". 

Just to clarify,  the panel has 2 protruding plastic clips that are about 1" long and at a right angle to the panel's lower edge.  These clips are supposed to hold the back panel firmly against part of the seat frame with tension from the bungie clips.  The ends of these clips broke on my seat panel, so there was still material left for me to extend what was still there with my flat plastic I glued on.  Also, check PIT543A for info on removing the panel correctly. 

4 hours ago, HeavyChevy90 said:

2014 1500 Z71 - the other day I noticed the panel on the rear of the driver seat was hanging off, turns out the clip that snaps it into place broke off. not sure how it happened because I never put anything in my back seat except for groceries. I was trying to find a replacement panel on line but was having trouble pinpointing the exact one. its black plastic with black leather pouch but can only find the cloth version replacements and cant find part number anywhere on the panel. anyone have some info of part # or a website I can look into? would hate to have to go to dealership and pay twice as much. 

PM me the last 8 of your VIN and I can get you the correct part number to match. 

3 hours ago, 10SierraA.T. said:

Did you check your local scrap yard for any leather 2014-2018's? Super glue the clip back on?

I haven't checked any scrap yards yet. plus the ones around me aren't grab your own, they wont let you go look around and pull your own stuff which sucks. unfortunately I cant find the piece that's broken off anywhere so I cant even try n fix it myself. I could try n back yard rig something to the broken clip but would rather just replace the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, Jullian is not my name said:

I broke the lower clip off on my driver seat while trying to diagnose my seat heaters (before I read the right way to remove that panel).  I ended up trying to JB weld a piece of plastic in place to hold the panel in place, but that's didn't hold.  What's been working for a while now was done using a hot glue gun (and a lot of it) to reinforce the area where I added the flat pieces of plastic that were about 1/4"x1.5". 

Just to clarify,  the panel has 2 protruding plastic clips that are about 1" long and at a right angle to the panel's lower edge.  These clips are supposed to hold the back panel firmly against part of the seat frame with tension from the bungie clips.  The ends of these clips broke on my seat panel, so there was still material left for me to extend what was still there with my flat plastic I glued on.  Also, check PIT543A for info on removing the panel correctly. 

I didn't even try to remove it myself, it removed its's self somehow lol. ive never sat in my backseat but I noticed it about a week after I took my buddies golfing in my truck so I wonder if one of those dingbats accidently did it but other than that im at a loss. 

• 1 year later...

I have found the fix for the bottom broken seat back clips.

I used a Double Curtain Rod Bracket per side to make a bracket that goes on the underside of the plastic tab while the sides (that hold the curtain rods) bend down on top of the plastic tab holding it in place.  I also used a some glue gun glue between the plastic and metal.  You will end up with Metal Tabs, works great. 

EASY INSTRUCTIONS;    1. Remove the short bottom side   2.  Remove the little tips on the side tabs    3.  Remove 1/8 " from long end.   4.  Bend long end at a 90 down going away from side tabs.  5 Put glue between the sides and put under the plastic and bend the side over top of the plastic.