UCA Swap from stamped steel to aluminum???

First post, long time reader. Last week I took advantage of the rebates going on the new trucks and traded in my '14 DC W/T 2wd on a '18 CC Z71 4x4.

I am wanting to put a level on, I installed the  RC 2" on last truck. New truck has the stamped steel arms. I have been reading these aren't great with leveling kits. Instead of buying aftermarket UCA's is it possible to install the aluminum UCA's that were on previous year z71's? If not I reckon I am leaning towards the ReadyLift 2.25 Level Kit that comes with new UCA's. 

7 minutes ago, Phoenix618 said:

First post, long time reader. Last week I took advantage of the rebates going on the new trucks and traded in my '14 DC W/T 2wd on a '18 CC Z71 4x4.

I am wanting to put a level on, I installed the  RC 2" on last truck. New truck has the stamped steel arms. I have been reading these aren't great with leveling kits. Instead of buying aftermarket UCA's is it possible to install the aluminum UCA's that were on previous year z71's? If not I reckon I am leaning towards the ReadyLift 2.25 Level Kit that comes with new UCA's. 

I dont see why you couldnt but things like this irritate me.  But a 40-50k truck and then do things the cheap way.  After buying the aluminum uppers. youre already half way to the better upper arms.  Do it the right way not the cheap way

24 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I dont see why you couldnt but things like this irritate me.  But a 40-50k truck and then do things the cheap way.  After buying the aluminum uppers. youre already half way to the better upper arms.  Do it the right way not the cheap way

So the "right" way is to spend more money than needed? I could understand if I was going to try and jimmy rig something to make something work. But we are talking buying new UCA's to rid potential problems caused by the stamped steel versions.

What are the significant gains I will see with going with an aftermarket UCA with a 2" level vs factory ones? (Legitimate question, I really do not know the gains with 2" level)

Before the stamped steel UCA;s were on these trucks and someone asked if aftermarket arms were needed for a 2" level what would the responses have been? Yes absolutely? Be a nice upgrade? Or spend money elsewhere, not need with 2" ?

Edited by Phoenix618

4 minutes ago, Phoenix618 said:

So the "right" way is to spend more money than needed? I could understand if I was going to try and jimmy rig something to make something work. But we are talking buying new UCA's to rid potential problems caused by the stamped steel versions.

What are the significant gains I will see with going with an aftermarket UCA with a 2" level vs factory ones? (Legitimate question, I really do not know the gains with 2" level)

Before the stamped steel UCA;s were on these trucks and someone asked if aftermarket arms were needed for a 2" level what would the responses have been? Yes absolutely? Be a nice upgrade? Or spend money elsewhere, not need with 2" ?

More droop travel, rebuildable and if im not mistaken the angle of the balljoint itself

https://reklez.com/products/control-arms-for-lifted-2007-2018-silverado-sierra-gm-trucks-2wd-4x4

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

More droop travel, rebuildable and if im not mistaken the angle of the balljoint itself

https://reklez.com/products/control-arms-for-lifted-2007-2018-silverado-sierra-gm-trucks-2wd-4x4

I am not apposed to buying aftermarket at all, I just thought there wasn't that much to gain. I have read thread after thread and do not see very many people speaking about upgrading the UCA's with their 2-2.5" levels (not that maybe they should be).

I def do not think $500 is to much for better performance and components and longevity of other parts. I have been researching them a lot the past week actually. Looks like I need to steer clear of uni-balls due to my geographical environment and the ease of maintenance on the regular ball joints. Thanks for the link I have not seen these. I am guessing these would be a recommendation of yours? 

2 minutes ago, Phoenix618 said:

I am not apposed to buying aftermarket at all, I just thought there wasn't that much to gain. I have read thread after thread and do not see very many people speaking about upgrading the UCA's with their 2-2.5" levels (not that maybe they should be).

I def do not think $500 is to much for better performance and components and longevity of other parts. I have been researching them a lot the past week actually. Looks like I need to steer clear of uni-balls due to my geographical environment and the ease of maintenance on the regular ball joints. Thanks for the link I have not seen these. I am guessing these would be a recommendation of yours? 

Yes. Most people will say go cognito.  Ive have many issues with cognito.   Reklez are awesome

Yes. Most people will say go cognito.  Ive have many issues with cognito.   Reklez are awesome

I just looked those up. Pretty cool. They list as able to be used with 3 inch to 7 inch lifts. I am curious if they would work with a lifted vehicle with stock geometry ball joints, or a stock vehicle period with no leveling kit.

Sent via Morse code

7 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

I just looked those up. Pretty cool. They list as able to be used with 3 inch to 7 inch lifts. I am curious if they would work with a lifted vehicle with stock geometry ball joints, or a stock vehicle period with no leveling kit.

Sent via Morse code

Id call them.  Dude is very knowledgable. And will answer anything.  Everything reklez makes is good

It happened to me, bought my new 18 6.2, 2.25” level front with 1” added rear then from 275/55/20 wranglers I put on 275/60/20 KO2’s then the rubbing started. I had to order new wheels but now all is well, $1300 wheels later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, silveradosid said:

thanks nasty finally a good uca to replace my aluminum ones

Of course. Most people dont read and dont have first hand experience.  They just say "cognito" because thats what everyoneelse     i do have experience with the reklez arms and other reklez products.  

On 7/8/2018 at 5:40 PM, Nasty said:

Going to look into these if i can run this with a 2-2.25" leveling kit. Was thinking of going with readylift UCAs but these maybe better. Anyone have experience with the other.