Citrol

Lightbar switch no longer working

I bought a black horse beacon bull bar that came  with a lightbar and a wiring harness. I have had it wired up and working for several weeks but i never mounted the switch to the cab, today i decided i was going to mount it so i disconnected the 3 connections on the switch drilled my hole for mounting and plugged everything back in. I took pictures of the connections so im 100% sure they are on the right posts of the switch. After i replugged everything the switch LED indicator is not going on and the light bar isn't turning on as well. The harness has an 15 amp inline fuse and a relay, i checked the fuse seems to be fine. Anyone have any idea why the bar would stop working like this all of sudden? i tested the bar before unplugging everything and it powered up just fine.

Did you solder or crimp any connections? Maybe one got loose? I know I’ve had that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimp on mine came loose once~... 

Posted (edited)

No i haven't soldered or touched any of the connections. Only thing i can think of is when i was removing the connections from the switch i didnt take the terminals off the batttery so when i used the pliers on the ground post it did spark a little bit. Maybe that shorted something out? If i touch the ground now i dont get anything, I don't have a voltage meter to test if its getting power or not at the moment though.

Edited by Citrol

touch the bar positive and neg directly to the battery pos and neg to make sure the bar still works

Posted (edited)

The leads of the lightbar are a quick disconnect, part of the harness i would have to cut that off and resplice it on to test it.

Edited by Citrol

You likely need a multimeter to check and remedy this. You can check your switch and really with the cheapest of meters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You likely need a multimeter to check and remedy this. You can check your switch and really with the cheapest of meters.

Relay*

But even a $15 dollar meter will let your see that you are getting voltage where you should be.

Ended up trying a new fuse and that seemed to solve the problem. The fuse looked fine which is odd but I’ve heard it’s hard to visually see that it has blown sometimes. Thanks for the replies. Mods can close topic.