fixed shake in my silverado

I will be good to you people with the shake in your silverado , first you are looking in the wrong place !!!!  The problem is in the transmission and this is how i fixed mine before i got rid of the junker !!  Was out on the interstate and that dam thing started shaking so i pull off on a exit and came to a full stop , i turned the 4 wheel drive selector to 4 wheel drive automtic and let off the brake and across the intersection i went , after say 100 feet i put the selector back in 2 wheel drive and starting to speed up , put cruse control on at 67 and then kept bumping it up 1 MPG untill i hit 73 MPH !!! People you could not hear the truck running and smooth as glass , i drove about 100 miles and it was great ! My 130 mile trip back home was also smooth and very quite ..

One thing i did check was the fluid capicity in the different gear boxes and though some idiot says we only need about 1 cup of fluid in some of them .

OOOPS

One more thing this really is farml1234 as my farml1234 is banded from this site

• Like 1

So what’s the theory here?  Infrquently portions of the driveline “dry out” and need to be splashed around in fluid on occasion?

Not questioning your observations. This seems as plausible a fix as anything else that’s been tried. Just working through the logic. 

I have to say, when I purchased my first four wheel drive vehicle back in early 2000, I was advised by the dealership something along the lines of "To keep the transfer case and all other components in good shape you should periodically cycle through the 4 wheel options. No need really to drive the vehicle, simply select 4 hi, roll back and forth a bit in your driveway, and the same with 4 LO. This allows the fluids to move around inside the transfer case and front differential, and keeps the bearings and other lubricated components in good shape". Something like that. Now I don't know how viable that is, especially knowing what I do now about transfer cases/differentials, and the fact that they aren't pressure-lubricated, but simply have moving parts turning inside, essentially, containers full of gear oil. But, personally I've always done this every three months or so anyway when I don't have cause to use my 4 wheel, and I've had nary an issue from either of the K2XX platform 1500's I've owned in the last year. YMMV, but hey, if it worked for him, maybe it will help others too :D

21 hours ago, harry1234 said:

I will be good to you people with the shake in your silverado , first you are looking in the wrong place !!!!  The problem is in the transmission and this is how i fixed mine before i got rid of the junker !!  Was out on the interstate and that dam thing started shaking so i pull off on a exit and came to a full stop , i turned the 4 wheel drive selector to 4 wheel drive automtic and let off the brake and across the intersection i went , after say 100 feet i put the selector back in 2 wheel drive and starting to speed up , put cruse control on at 67 and then kept bumping it up 1 MPG untill i hit 73 MPH !!! People you could not hear the truck running and smooth as glass , i drove about 100 miles and it was great ! My 130 mile trip back home was also smooth and very quite ..

One thing i did check was the fluid capicity in the different gear boxes and though some idiot says we only need about 1 cup of fluid in some of them .

OOOPS

One more thing this really is farml1234 as my farml1234 is banded from this site

So you mention the problem is in the  "transmission" , but state above that you enabled the 4wd auto and drove a bit.

Wouldn't the problem in your case have been the front differential or transfer case causing your shake instead?   

• Like 1