What’s your dash cam setup?

Howdy GMT,

Just got my Rexing V1 in the mail and I’m excited to set it up in my 2018 1500. I’ll be applying it with a suction cup mount and running the wire up to the roof and down the pillar into the center cigarette lighter. It’s going to need some 3M-fu and I was wondering what tips y’all had? Does it need to be unplugged when I turn off the truck or keep it plugged in at all times? I decided to get one after some kid bumped into me in traffic, fortunately he just hit the tow hitch @ idle; did more damage to him than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a hard wire kit from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0GR4ON/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ran it to the drivers side fuse panel and connected so it only runs with ignition.

That seems much better...so you connect a fuse to the wires? I’m not familiar with circuits

1 hour ago, Packers774 said:

Howdy GMT,

Just got my Rexing V1 in the mail and I’m excited to set it up in my 2018 1500. I’ll be applying it with a suction cup mount and running the wire up to the roof and down the pillar into the center cigarette lighter. It’s going to need some 3M-fu and I was wondering what tips y’all had? Does it need to be unplugged when I turn off the truck or keep it plugged in at all times? I decided to get one after some kid bumped into me in traffic, fortunately he just hit the tow hitch @ idle; did more damage to him than me!

I have a Rexing V1 Gen 3 with the hardwire kit.  It stays plugged in all the time.  So far, I've not been able to connect via wifi with my phone as advertised.  It shows connected but it doesn't actually hand shake with my phone.  

Maybe you'll have better luck.

I have a Rexing V1 Gen 3 with the hardwire kit.  It stays plugged in all the time.  So far, I've not been able to connect via wifi with my phone as advertised.  It shows connected but it doesn't actually hand shake with my phone.  

That would have been neat if it actually worked! It would probably be a lost cause on an iPhone though, which is the king of refusing that magic hand shake

47 minutes ago, Packers774 said:

That seems much better...so you connect a fuse to the wires? I’m not familiar with circuits

The kit includes an in-line fuse and a 12v-5v converter direct to a mini-usb plug. Also included a fuse splitter which I didn't use. There is a spare terminal in the fuse box providing RAP (retained accessory power). I connected directly to that. Could have just got the usb kit without the fuse splitter but didn't know that when I ordered it.

• 1 month later...

I’m running a BlackVue DR650S-1CH in my Silverado. Got it running to the cigarette lighter. Never shuts off.

Comes in handy. Only had the truck 2 weeks and almost got t-boned yesterday when some jerkhole decided he could blow a stop sign. Thankfully, I saw him.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, dcarl said:

Did you try turning off network data? My dash cam wont connect unless i turn data off and its on wifi mode only.

I've got the Blacksys ch200 hooked up to a cellink battery b under my back seat. ran the power wire and wire for rear camera underneath my headliner. The cellink battery b runs the camera in parking mode for about 24 hours after the truck is off before it runs out of battery. It's nice though bc it doesnt drain my truck's battery. Cellink battery b charges when the truck is running. 

• Like 1