no bass

I bought a new 2018 GMC 1500 with the 6.2 v-8, and the noise reducing system. It also has the Bose system with sub-woofer. The radio has never sound right.  Finally I just found out the noise reducing system was stopping the bass from the back seat speakers and the  sub-woofer as well. And there is no fix! Optional items at optional prices just for things that do not work. I was given a truck to drive that did not have the noise system and the radio sounded great compared to mine, which should have been the opposite. The other truck was over $10,000 less than mine and everything on it worked! What am I suppose to do now? This system is also having an effect on my earing aides. Until now I thought they were going bad, but I realize it is the noise system that is doing it. I have only 4,000 miles on the truck so it is too soon to trade. What can be done?

Sounds like your dealer ship is giving you the run around. If the system on your pickup is not working as it should, it’s well in the bumper to bumper warranty. I would try a different dealership. If anything they should be able to disconnect the noise canceling system to make the stereo work. 

I would attempt to insulate the trucks microphones for the noise cancellation system and see how that works.  To me it seems that if the system does not hear noise it wont try to counteract it.

I have read about this issue on a multitude of vehicles.

Edited by rrmccabe

That might be going on in my truck as well. I swear my subwoofer doesnt work. But I havent checked the rear speakers. I also havent called the dealer yet either. Wanted to verify how it's supposed to sound before I drop it off for a whole day.

18 6.2 sierra as well

• 1 month later...

Just bought a 2018 GMC SLT and love the truck.  My old truck was a 2007 Silverado and I upgraded the stereo with an external 8" sub.  The stereo was perfect for me and filled the cab with Bass.  I now have the 7 speaker Bose and there is some bass but it sounds like it is all in the front and does not fill the cab.  I just bought a sub woofer and it will be installed next week.  I got the single JL Audio 8" sub and 500w JL Audio amp.  I'm expecting that this will the cab just fine.  I don't want to bounce coins on the hood but if there is a good classic rock sound with bass, I want to be able to feel it.

I also read about the noise cancellation wire that connects to the Bose sub woofer and my installer said he will remove this if necessary.

I read in another forum that the dealer can install a sub and I assume an amp.  Is this still the case?  I read that hey use kicker and I doubt it is the quality of JL Audio?  Thoughts on this? 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Smelly0ne said:

I have noticed that the bass in my 2018 Sierra SLT will kick on randomly. Sometimes it is after only a couple of minutes, sometimes it is more than 20 (near the end of my normal commute), but almost never from the start. I have not messed with noise cancellation at all.

Welcome to the site.

How about a little more information about your truck? Do you have the 7 speaker Bose (which includes the sub), and do you have the 6.2 engine (only way to have the Active Noise Cancelation).