Chrome delete complete

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

Personally I would save up for the $850 paint job. I got quoted $1400 for the same job but I know the work will be flawless, yeah I could go to a cheaper shop but may not be fully satisfied with the work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They are all independently owned and operated but their prices should be pretty close. I am extremely happy with how it turned out and it didnt break the bank. 

17 minutes ago, MikeMartino said:

They are all independently owned and operated but their prices should be pretty close. I am extremely happy with how it turned out and it didnt break the bank. 

Do they strip the chrome off too? Or did they just paint over the chrome? If so how long do you think the paint will last and not peel if they just painted over it.

1 hour ago, bhardy said:

Do they strip the chrome off too? Or did they just paint over the chrome? If so how long do you think the paint will last and not peel if they just painted over it.

They sanded the chrome and primed it not sure what else they did I wasn't there watching step by step. But they said they will fix it if it peels so I am happy about that. Worse case scenario I get the after market bumpers I wanted anyways a few years down the road. :)

I did a chrome delete also, I spent closer to 1500, but that included new rear bumper and fender trim paint, all parts were removed for paint.

20180412_093544_HDR_Film1.jpg

20180425_152027.jpg

Edited by krzyd

On 9/8/2018 at 6:48 PM, MikeMartino said:

Had all my chrome painted. Bumpers and outside of grill color matched, inside of grill, mirror caps, door handles, door trim, window trim painted matte black. The Sierra emblems and tailgate GMC emblem are supposed to be re-applied this week but I am debating keeping them off...thoughts?  

Hey Op, this looks great.  I really want to do this to my Silverado and do the whole thing in white.  I would leave the emblems off.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:36 PM, krzyd said:

I did a chrome delete also, I spent closer to 1500, but that included new rear bumper and fender trim paint, all parts were removed for paint.

The rear bumper isn't for me, however the work looks great and the truck looks super clean overall.