Chrome delete complete

Had all my chrome painted. Bumpers and outside of grill color matched, inside of grill, mirror caps, door handles, door trim, window trim painted matte black. The Sierra emblems and tailgate GMC emblem are supposed to be re-applied this week but I am debating keeping them off...thoughts?  

Screenshot_20180908-204048_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180908-204037_Gallery.jpg

Edited by MikeMartino
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J-man67 said:

Yes please!  I've been thinking about doing this.  Mind sharing what it cost to do?  Been wondering.  Looks great.

I've had body shop quotes anywhere from 1200-3000. My friend suggested Maaco. I was hesitant at first but then just went for it. They only charged $400. They took alot longer than quoted and also didnt remove the trim, grill, bumper, and door handles like they said they would and I noticed service scratches which they said they would fix and that I dont have to pay until I am 100% satisfied with their work. I am very happy with the look and aside from a few scratches which are being fixed and it taking longer I am pretty impressed. 

Had a vehicle done at Maaco. They had just bought a new paint booth. They body work sucked as there were a ton of swirls, remind you, all in places where there was no body damage. The front bumper now has so many chips from road debris. I bet I have a hundred spots where the primer is showing. To OP: if you want that look to last, get a thick clear coat or put a 3M bra over the bumper at least..... or be prepared to get it done again. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, MikeMartino said:

They did guarantee the work for as long as I own it so I am not worried about coming out of pocket to have it redone if needed.  I plan on getting after market front and rear bumpers down the road so this a temporary fix to the chrome eyesore anyway. 

Do you think the quote you got of $400 dollars would match Macco's anywhere? I'm trying to get my bumpers and grille color matched. I've gotten quotes for $750 for vinyl and $850 for paint from a local auto paint shop. That is a little out of my budget, but I like the $400 quote you got. Just wondering.

They did guarantee the work for as long as I own it so I am not worried about coming out of pocket to have it redone if needed.  I plan on getting after market front and rear bumpers down the road so this a temporary fix to the chrome eyesore anyway. 
They will repaint if it starts to peel or crack but I doubt they will fix the rock chips for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Do you think the quote you got of $400 dollars would match Macco's anywhere? I'm trying to get my bumpers and grille color matched. I've gotten quotes for $750 for vinyl and $850 for paint from a local auto paint shop. That is a little out of my budget, but I like the $400 quote you got. Just wondering.
Personally I would save up for the $850 paint job. I got quoted $1400 for the same job but I know the work will be flawless, yeah I could go to a cheaper shop but may not be fully satisfied with the work.

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

They will repaint if it starts to peel or crack but I doubt they will fix the rock chips for free.

Well rock chips will happen on every car vehicle so I'm not necessarily worried about that. More worried about it peeling which is guaranteed so I have no worries. It looks great and is flawless.  They even put 3 extra coats of clearcoat on the front bumper for extra protection.