LTZ taillights to LT trim?

There are a lot of peeps that have done this mod to include myself. Get a harness set from Phil and it literally is PnP. They have resistors built into the harness to eliminate hyper flash and then you have to mount them somewhere (pretty easy). From there, you literally hook up all plugs and you’re done. Mine work great and have been for about 6 months on a DD. Make sure you mount the resistors somewhere safe out of the way as they get hot during operation. 28525f183129228bb6f48dbe7d32c023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I’ll add to this thread.

For 2014-2015 Silverado Trucks that want to upgrade to 16+ LTZ/HC LED Tail lights, you can too. The harnesses I build are specific to years though.

14/15 years truck will be different than 16+ trucks. While the actual lights are different between the trucks, the harness builds are same between them.

Also note, you will need the factory harnesses for the lights themselves. The LED Tail lights only have (1) input connector and (1) socket for the reverse bulb. The factory harnesses in your truck will have (3) sockets for bulbs. So they need to be swapped out.

These are the part #s for the harnesses and their estimated prices.

2016+ LTZ/HC Tail Light Harnesses
84233591 - $19.41
84233592 - $22.34

Here are some pics of my harnesses. Notice the Blue/Black ends for the 14/15 model.

2016+ Trucks:
607ea02474703b4a6fc6d7cf5161b07e.jpg

2014-2015 Trucks:
3961e341cfe91ffdc06db60ac4dab8a9.jpg

These harnesses will plug into the module underneath your bed (be the spare tire) and the new factory tail light harnesses plug into them. Like@shortyjpl said, make sure to mount them onto a metallic surface as they will get hot when the turn signal is applied. They will melt anything plastic, rubber, etc.

I mounted mine on top of my hitch receiver and use some steel wire ties to tie time down. I didn’t want to drill, but drilling is fine too.

Lastly, on older trucks (2014-2015), GM used the SAME Incandescent tail light for their higher trim models. So be wary when buying lights. If someone is posting “2014-2015 LTZ/High Country” Tail lights, know that those will not be LED. Those truck will have the same requirements for this upgrade.

Hope this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ll add to this thread.

For 2014-2015 Silverado Trucks that want to upgrade to 16+ LTZ/HC LED Tail lights, you can too. The harnesses I build are specific to years though.

14/15 years truck will be different than 16+ trucks. While the actual lights are different between the trucks, the harness builds are same between them.

Also note, you will need the factory harnesses for the lights themselves. The LED Tail lights only have (1) input connector and (1) socket for the reverse bulb. The factory harnesses in your truck will have (3) sockets for bulbs. So they need to be swapped out.

These are the part #s for the harnesses and their estimated prices.

2016+ LTZ/HC Tail Light Harnesses
84233591 - $19.41
84233592 - $22.34

Here are some pics of my harnesses. Notice the Blue/Black ends for the 14/15 model.

2016+ Trucks:
607ea02474703b4a6fc6d7cf5161b07e.jpg

2014-2015 Trucks:
3961e341cfe91ffdc06db60ac4dab8a9.jpg

These harnesses will plug into the module underneath your bed (be the spare tire) and the new factory tail light harnesses plug into them. Like[mention=188895]shortyjpl[/mention] said, make sure to mount them onto a metallic surface as they will get hot when the turn signal is applied. They will melt anything plastic, rubber, etc.

I mounted mine on top of my hitch receiver and use some steel wire ties to tie time down. I didn’t want to drill, but drilling is fine too.

Lastly, on older trucks (2014-2015), GM used the SAME Incandescent tail light for their higher trim models. So be wary when buying lights. If someone is posting “2014-2015 LTZ/High Country” Tail lights, know that those will not be LED. Those truck will have the same requirements for this upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Hahaha. “YEAH.... what Phil said!!” [emoji1360][emoji1360]

• Like 2

Im actually going to be doing this upgrade this weekend with Phil's harness. Does anyone happen to have pics of where they ended up mounting the resistors?

Also I have a second set of tails that I will be posting in the FS section after I cross the 50 post threshold to be allow to post there if anyone needs them.

Edited by IncisionInd
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, IncisionInd said:

Im actually going to be doing this upgrade this weekend with Phil's harness. Does anyone happen to have pics of where they ended up mounting the resistors?

Also I have a second set of tails that I will be posting in the FS section after I cross the 50 post threshold to be allow to post there if anyone needs them.

Nice, report back once you have upgraded.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:47 AM, Shortyjpl said:

There are a lot of peeps that have done this mod to include myself. Get a harness set from Phil and it literally is PnP. They have resistors built into the harness to eliminate hyper flash and then you have to mount them somewhere (pretty easy). From there, you literally hook up all plugs and you’re done. Mine work great and have been for about 6 months on a DD. Make sure you mount the resistors somewhere safe out of the way as they get hot during operation. 28525f183129228bb6f48dbe7d32c023.jpg

Hey, Shortyjpl.. Do you mind sharing the mudflap and wheel well trim information with me?  Im looking to do the exact same, and that looks super clean!

• Like 1

Hey boss! So the splash guards are the bow tie OEM set that I snagged from the MyChevy app. The wheel well trim is from Carrichs.

https://www.carrichs.com/product/ftch806/

I had a hard time getting the trim because it seemed to be sold out everywhere or “out of stock”. I finally got a set off of eBay. From that, I had to very carefully measure and trim (multiple times) each piece of trim to install right up to the start of the splash guards.

Took about a half day to get them all trimmed up, smoothed out, and installed. Hope this helps and hit me up if you have other questions. Good luck!1eb94ef82a8ace811b482b2b9a41f0be.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, Shortyjpl said:

Hahaha. “YEAH.... what Phil said!!” emoji1360.pngemoji1360.png

On 9/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, Shortyjpl said:

Hahaha. “YEAH.... what Phil said!!” emoji1360.pngemoji1360.png

Hi where can I order the tail light harness for my 14 Silverado