Dealer replacing leaf springs

2016LTCC

Has anyone had the dealer replace their leaf springs under warranty for the clunking/bumping noise and springs not sitting level on top of each other? Debating on whether I should suffer at the dealership tomorrow or just keep the rubber between them.

23 minutes ago, 2016LTCC said:

Has anyone had the dealer replace their leaf springs under warranty for the clunking/bumping noise and springs not sitting level on top of each other? Debating on whether I should suffer at the dealership tomorrow or just keep the rubber between them.

Get the warranty stuff done while you can. Every dealer is different so not everyone's going to have the same experience. Just go with a dealer that has good service ratings.

9 hours ago, 2016LTCC said:

Definitely get them repaired under warranty.  As qwank suggested there may be a service bulletin regarding noise but if the springs are not lined up properly then more than grease is required.

10 hours ago, qwank said:

There's a  bulletin that specifically says NOT to replace the leaf springs for this noise.  They want you to clean them and lube them with Marine Grease.

Do you happen to know the TSB number? I think my truck may be starting to clunk/bang back there. At first I thought it might be the few items I had in the bed but after I took them out it still made the noise. I'm gonna get it checked out next week at my service appt.

Definitely get the warranty work done. I had mine (2014 Sierra) greased/lubed/cleaned/packed full of grease 3 times before they finally replaced them. Then the noise came back after about 4 months, soooo I just ended up with the rubber between mine. No noise at all after that and it has been a year or so. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Do you happen to know the TSB number? I think my truck may be starting to clunk/bang back there. At first I thought it might be the few items I had in the bed but after I took them out it still made the noise. I'm gonna get it checked out next week at my service appt.

18-NA-183

On 9/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, qwank said:

18-NA-183

So I had my truck checked yesterday, they said the springs were fine and lubed properly and that the noise is the 'floating' axle? The service rep replicated the sound by pushing the truck side to side in the back. He said its normal.