Added longtube headers to Corsa sport, Way too loud.. help

I have a 2015 Sierra with a 5.3. I've been running it with a K&N intake and corsa sport catback for over a year now and been very happy with it and the sound. I am planning on getting the truck tuned soon and wanted to get the most out of it so I installed a set of Texas speed longtube headers with catted Y pipe. Now the truck is WAY too loud. Just wondering what my options are and if anyone else has run into this? Would switching the muffler over to the Touring style help? and if so how much?  I'd really like to keep my catback and find a different muffler that would bolt into its place without having to do any welding or anything. I expected the truck to be louder but this is ridiculous.  I did some research but couldn't really find the answers I was looking for. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

15 hours ago, DanMan_S said:

Get hold of the touring muffler and switch it out, it's exactly what I did with my Silverado.  You'll be impressed with how quiet it is with the headers.

I didn't see anywhere on their site where you can buy just the muffler. How did you obtain yours?

5 hours ago, chriscote781 said:

I didn't see anywhere on their site where you can buy just the muffler. How did you obtain yours?

Haha, traded with someone that had a touring with stock manifolds.

Edited by DanMan_S

I have the GM cat-back exhaust that comes on the All Terrain X models, which I believe is a Corsa Touring muffler.  I might be interested in trading, so long as everything fits right up.  Let me know.  I'm in NY, so we would have to ship.

1 hour ago, 02SOMWS6 said:

I have the GM cat-back exhaust that comes on the All Terrain X models, which I believe is a Corsa Touring muffler.  I might be interested in trading, so long as everything fits right up.  Let me know.  I'm in NY, so we would have to ship.

PM'd you

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post an update incase anyone else runs into the same issue. I was able to get a corsa touring muffler and swapped it out for the sport. The truck is MUCH  more bearable now and sounds good. I'd say it's still louder than having just the corsa sport catback, but it sounds very good. Can keep it quiet when you want, but when you open it up it gets very aggressive. Very minimal drone at all but more "ticking" noise now since installing the headers you can hear more of the valvetrain movement which is expected.. Overall very happy with the setup and have gotten many compliments on it. Current setup is tsp 1 7/8" longtubes, high flow catted Y, corsa touring catback, and k&n intake with a custom dyno tune. 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, snowman44 said:

Did you notice significant increase in power with adding headers?

Yes I did. Seemed to pull harder through the top of second and third gear but the real noticeable gains came after getting it tuned. 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:47 AM, jgutierrez89 said:

Do you happen to have any videos of the corsa sport and tsp headers? 

No I don't...