2018 wiper chatter

I bought a 2018 Silverado HD2500 2 weeks ago and has 1400 miles today. Today the first day in the rain and they are very noisy. I stopped by the dealer and the service writer looked and listened to them and said they were fine. This truck sat on the lot for 12 months and I kind of thought they were dry from sitting. Ot may have been in full sun all day. I was simply amazed the guy treated me like I was nuts, I know what wipes sound like when there right. I cant believe chevy qouldnt replace these for free but I guess the guy felt better telling me there fine. 

I guess I will be buying a new set of wipers for a brand new truck that I have had for 2 weeks. It wouldnt be a big deal if they were $20 but that's not the case.

I bought a 2018 Silverado HD2500 2 weeks ago and has 1400 miles today. Today the first day in the rain and they are very noisy. I stopped by the dealer and the service writer looked and listened to them and said they were fine. This truck sat on the lot for 12 months and I kind of thought they were dry from sitting. Ot may have been in full sun all day. I was simply amazed the guy treated me like I was nuts, I know what wipes sound like when there right. I cant believe chevy qouldnt replace these for free but I guess the guy felt better telling me there fine. 

I guess I will be buying a new set of wipers for a brand new truck that I have had for 2 weeks. It wouldnt be a big deal if they were $20 but that's not the case.

Did you buy a glass treatment package? Or a environmental package? When I bought mine it I added those packages. And mine did the same thing because it has the windshield treatment. It has wore off and doesn’t chatter anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put brand new oem blades on my truck when I picked it up and I get chatter when the driver's side is going up and then it's fine on the way down. It doesn't happen all the time but it drives my OCD crazy.

I put RainX on my windshield as soon as I got my 2018 1500.

First time in the rain, the wipers chattered like crazy. It was awful.

I’ve never had that issue with RainX before, but did not use the wipers before applying the RainX on the new truck, so I can’t say for sure what was to blame.

To the point, with no changes, after a few rainy days, the chatter went away. The wipers are now smooth and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell the dealer staff you want the wipers replaced, period !  They will replace them.  They will replace them, if asked, while performing the two free oil changes.  They will only replace one pair, during the free maintenance program.  My 18 1500 has the chattering problem, as well.

If the truck sat for awhile, there could be many contaminants in the glass. It may go away over time with use of the wipers wiping it clean, but if it bothers you, then go get glass clay and clean your glass. Buying new wipers will not solve your problem if the glass is the problem. The tech maybe right, and your wipers are most likely good.

Side note: My OEM wipers lasted 50k miles (little over 2 years). I just replaced them last week

If the truck sat for awhile, there could be many contaminants in the glass. It may go away over time with use of the wipers wiping it clean, but if it bothers you, then go get glass clay and clean your glass. Buying new wipers will not solve your problem if the glass is the problem. The tech maybe right, and your wipers are most likely good.

Side note: My OEM wipers lasted 50k miles (little over 2 years). I just replaced them last week

Edited by txab