GM Floor Liners

On 3/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, OnTheReel said:

Yeah. The thing with the K2s was that the GM mats didn’t cover beneath the gas pedal for who knows what reason. So they were worthless to me.

Some rep from Chevy told me that it was to avoid the gas pedal sticking. I get the liability reasoning, but I call BS because I made a custom pedal extension and it fit no problem. Pedal didn't catch either at all positions (I have the adjustable pedals). 

That being said, GM revised it the middle of last year to include a lip under the gas pedal. Didn't go quite as far as my custom mat, but it looks MUCH better and has nearly identical functionality. I'm a happy camper. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, Ed H. said:

One thing though... My matts are CoCoa color can develop "white" bend marks and scratches if I'm not careful - not sure that I like that too much.  I know, I know, these things are supposed to take the abuse so the rugs don't - but I am still in the <3,000 miles / park-in-the-boonies phase of Denali 2500HD ownership... :) 

You could try the heat gun trick. 

I know in the past if I had a plastic/vinyl interior panel that turned white from bending or scratching it  I hit it CAREFULLY with a heat gun from a slight distance and it made the marks magically disappear.  Something about "re-wetting" the plastic...

May want to try in a hidden area first though and don't go to far or, well, you know what will happen.

Good luck if you try!

2 hours ago, Limelight said:

You could try the heat gun trick. 

I know in the past if I had a plastic/vinyl interior panel that turned white from bending or scratching it  I hit it CAREFULLY with a heat gun from a slight distance and it made the marks magically disappear.  Something about "re-wetting" the plastic...

May want to try in a hidden area first though and don't go to far or, well, you know what will happen.

Good luck if you try!

Thanks Jeff, I had thought about trying a hair dryer or heat gun when I first saw what was happening. But the texture on my rear mats felt more brittle than the front mats, but everything was brand new I had the dealer look and they replaced them right away (citing, "strange... must be faulty material").  Done.  The replacements have been in for a few of months now and no such marks or discoloration at all.  I agree, musta been a bad batch....   I really love the GMC full coverage mats though because they look great, are excellent quality, perfect color match, and provide great protection.  Also, for those considering an under-set storage bin which will sit on top of the full-cover rear mats - I have a du-ha (perfect color match) full-length bin (less costly) and there is no interference whatsoever so I imagine that there'd be no problem with GM's underseat bin either. 

• 7 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, JacobC1983 said:

Does anybody have the GM floor liners in their truck and think that the dead pedal part doesn’t fit well? Mine seems to move up and down under my left foot on the dead pedal.  Everywhere else fits excellent. 

I have the same issues and shopchevyparts.com is absolutely no help!

• 3 months later...

Mine came with the chevy floorliners, I replaced them with ones from Husky, I'm much happier with the Husky.

It's my understanding though, that there's 2 kinds of floormats from chevy, a "cheaper" kind and a higher one. My truck came with the crappier of the 2 :)

On 1/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, High Country 6.2L/8 said:

Does anyone know does GM make a liner that covers around the throttle pedal to fit 2017 and replace the crappy one like I have and a part #?

Had the expense ones and replaced them with the front mat that didn't have the cut out for throttle. Didn't like that on a 70 grand truck