Generation of 2019 Traverse/Acadia?

What generation are we on with the 2019 Traverse?  What are GM's plans for a makeover / next generation?  I ask because we are probably ready to trade 2016 Silverado on a 2019 / 2020 Traverse and I don't want to trade for the next generation's first year model.

2018+up Traverse is the second generation of Traverse.  2019 is the second year of the second generation Traverse.  First gen is 2009-2017, with a refresh in 2013.

2017+up Acadia is the second generation Acadia.  First gen was 2007-2016 (2017 as Acadia Limited) and a refresh in 2013.

Traverse and Acadia are on the same chassis still, just as before, but Acadia is the short wheelbase version of that chassis, Traverse (and Enclave) are on the long wheelbase. 

Traverse is 3 row, 7 or 8 passenger seating.  Acadia is 2 or 3 row, 5, 6 or 7 passenger seating. 

Both first gens rode on the Lambda Chassis.  Second gens ride on C1XX, derived from E2XX (Epsilon "3").  C1XX has short wheelbase (XT5, Acadia and 2019 Blazer) and long wheelbase (Traverse and Enclave). 

I'd expect a refresh of the second gen Traverse for 2021 model year at the soonest, unless GM decides to up it sooner.  Acadia gets a nose/tail job for 2020 model year. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth, I have a 2018 Traverse and I love it.  So does the wife and kids.  If I didn't feel like I needed a truck for hauling I would have a second one or wait for the Blazer to come out which is the short wheelbase variant.  My point being that you wouldn't be disappointed that it is the first model year of the new gen. 

53 minutes ago, lbkthree said:

For what its worth, I have a 2018 Traverse and I love it.  So does the wife and kids.  If I didn't feel like I needed a truck for hauling I would have a second one or wait for the Blazer to come out which is the short wheelbase variant.  My point being that you wouldn't be disappointed that it is the first model year of the new gen. 

I checked specs for the Traverse and Acadia to see how much smaller the Acadia was:  10" and that's a lot.  It's only Mom and me now and we drove a couple models of the 2019 Traverse and it was very enjoyable and comfortable.  So it's going to be finding a 2019 leftover or ordering a 2020, neither is an issue.  I learned a lot from this thread and it's much appreciated.  :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a 2019 Acadia. Loved everything about it BUT the seats. I was in so much pain from my lower back that I just had to turn it in after struggling with so many lumbar supports. I'm a 6'2 healthy, skinny guy. Never had this problem with any other cars I've owned. Turned it in for the Traverse. The dash is a bit "Toyota" like but the seats are much better. The dash is also missing nobs that I miss from the Acadia too. Both Acadia and the Traverse are pretty simliar with the Traverse coming in a little bit bigger. The window seams bigger too. Also, the rear view mirror has a built in screen from a projected camera image from the back. Wasn't crazy over that.  Found it distracting. The Traverse I got was equipped with a auto stop feature. This takes some getting used too. It actually kinda turns off at every stop. You can feel the power surge kick in when you begin to move. Supposed to save gas but not sure bout that.