wireless charging

31 minutes ago, mfbearded said:

id like to add the wireless charging module to my trailboss. anyone do this yet or have experience with previous generations. what parts are needed ? 

I would talk to your Dealers Parts department.  They should be able to pull-up the diagrams that indicate what parts are required.  I have found on mine that the wireless charger does not work with my phone that has an Otter Box case but does work on my wife's phone that has a thinner case.

Success !!!...went with the DIY cheaper solution. bought a $20 Qi charger...took that apart to slim it down, took the lid apart to get to the inside, dremeled out some plastic to get a good fit, secured that with some hot glue and ran the cable neatly to the usb port inside the center storage. im sure there are other solutions for that but suits my needs so no need to hard wire anything right now. aside from the wire, which takes a sec to actually notice...looks completely stock.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, mfbearded said:

Success !!!...went with the DIY cheaper solution. bought a $20 Qi charger...took that apart to slim it down, took the lid apart to get to the inside, dremeled out some plastic to get a good fit, secured that with some hot glue and ran the cable neatly to the usb port inside the center storage. im sure there are other solutions for that but suits my needs so no need to hard wire anything right now. aside from the wire, which takes a sec to actually notice...looks completely stock.

Do you have any pics of the process or finished product?

• 6 months later...