6 inch or 4.5

1 minute ago, Penguin VII said:

Looks great, some days I think about bringing mine down to 4", other days I think about getting 37s. haha

Hah I think its all what you are going to use the truck for. I use it as my daily and mild offloading. 4.5 was perfect for that. Somedays I think about going up to 6 especially since its easy with the zone. The MPG would kill me 

• Like 1

Hah I think its all what you are going to use the truck for. I use it as my daily and mild offloading. 4.5 was perfect for that. Somedays I think about going up to 6 especially since its easy with the zone. The MPG would kill me   

Don’t think going up two inches would do much to mpg’s unless you go bigger tires. The 4.5 from CST which is a spindle lift, keeping original track width and I’m doing it Tuesday. I need to fit inside my garage as well as downtown parking garages.

https://cstsuspension.com/141-with-aluminum-uca

Sent from above

Don’t think going up two inches would do much to mpg’s unless you go bigger tires. The 4.5 from CST which is a spindle lift, keeping original track width and I’m doing it Tuesday. I need to fit inside my garage as well as downtown parking garages.  

https://cstsuspension.com/141-with-aluminum-uca

Sent from above

Keeping the track width is why I went with the thinner tire. I originally had 35” tires but the handling changed. Thankfully Toyo has a return policy guarantee on their tires. One of the big reasons I went with 4.5 instead of 6” was the parking also [emoji4] with the tires and lift my truck sits at 6’9”

• Like 2

Keeping the track width is why I went with the thinner tire. I originally had 35” tires but the handling changed. Thankfully Toyo has a return policy guarantee on their tires. One of the big reasons I went with 4.5 instead of 6” was the parking also [emoji4] with the tires and lift my truck sits at 6’9”

Is that 6.9” height with the shark fin roof antenna too?

Sent from above

Yes, the total height of my truck including the top of the antenna. I’ll double check it today [emoji4]

That’s great! Also, I’m getting a full spindle lift, not just spindles. Picking it up Tuesday afternoon. I’m also debating which coilovers with resi’s to get, Fox, King, or CST? Don’t think adjustable resi’s are at all needed since I’m not jumping sand dunes lol

Sent from above

That’s great! Also, I’m getting a full spindle lift, not just spindles. Picking it up Tuesday afternoon. I’m also debating which coilovers with resi’s to get, Fox, King, or CST? Don’t think adjustable resi’s are at all needed since I’m not jumping sand dunes lol

Sent from above

I agree if you aren’t jumping you might as well save the money and put it to another project
  • Like 1

If you’re gonna jump sand dunes, or jump at all, you’re gonna need a LOT more than 2.5” Fox’s or Kings [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’re absolutely correct! Nothing more than a jump off the freeway exit ramp and any one of those 2.5’s will do great.

Both of my LandCruisers had Old-Man-Emu lifts done to them and never had a problem with my over ambitious freeway exiting.

Sent from above

That’s what I have on mine [emoji4] I wired in LEDs to come on under it when they come down [emoji4]733abd9bd22547c4ccd3582bf7eac53d.jpg

Looks great! Are they the XLs or Extreme’s, now there seems to be one that goes lower that the original one, heck I don’t know lol [emoji13]

Sent from above