Power tail gate removable?

If so where is the power connector and can it be removed by one person or do you need to hold the gate while a second person disconnects the cable? Pictures for anyone that has done it? 

Looking at Trail Boss LT but need to be able to remove the gate for work.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, bfrank02 said:

If so where is the power connector and can it be removed by one person or do you need to hold the gate while a second person disconnects the cable? Pictures for anyone that has done it? 

Looking at Trail Boss LT but need to be able to remove the gate for work.

Thanks!

Check out this video, he removed the tailgate.

COOL - Thanks! Now I have two new concerns. How do you open it if the battery is dead? Can you have it in between open and closed. With my bike in the back of my standard bed 2009 I use a tie down to pull the tailgate up do about 80% closed. I wonder if that is possible with the power tail gate?

1 hour ago, bfrank02 said:

COOL - Thanks! Now I have two new concerns. How do you open it if the battery is dead? Can you have it in between open and closed. With my bike in the back of my standard bed 2009 I use a tie down to pull the tailgate up do about 80% closed. I wonder if that is possible with the power tail gate?

I dont think you can open with the battery dead.  For the other concern, I am not sure about the high country but for the models that dont have power up just power down, yes you can leave it half way closed

• 4 months later...

Good morning and a warm ALOHA to all your Silverado lovers, such as me,

question to all alike,

1. Can this be installed on a 2018?

2. What wiring would have to be done for this?

Please respond either via email :[email protected] or text to (808) 216-7455 please

1 hour ago, CEL said:

Good morning and a warm ALOHA to all your Silverado lovers, such as me,

question to all alike,

1. Can this be installed on a 2018?

2. What wiring would have to be done for this?

Please respond either via email :[email protected] or text to (808) 216-7455 please

This is for 2019 only.  Different size tailgates

Thank you Mathew,  was hoping, the tai gate is probably a bit smaller and maybe even aluminum , What do you think, 

even thought the basic principle  could be reverse engineered into a 2018 , you think , I know you have electrical mods.

37 minutes ago, CEL said:

Thank you Mathew,  was hoping, the tai gate is probably a bit smaller and maybe even aluminum , What do you think, 

even thought the basic principle  could be reverse engineered into a 2018 , you think , I know you have electrical mods.

The tailgate is actually taller and a touch wider than the last gen so it wont fit.  It is aluminum but only weights about 15 lbs less then the steel one.  Your gonna have to get a 2019 if you want that tailgate

alright they Mathew how and where did to get this data, could you share

also would you know where to get a list of the electrical circuits (AKA wiring diagram) on the 2018 Silverado 2500 HD

1 minute ago, CEL said:

alright they Mathew how and where did to get this data, could you share

also would you know where to get a list of the electrical circuits (AKA wiring diagram) on the 2018 Silverado 2500 HD

There are a few videos out there where they do side by side comparisons of the two trucks.  You can see it is much bigger just from looking at it.  I dont have any official measurements, but you could measure both if you have access to them.  Also, I'm not sure where to get electrical diagrams.  Try the dealership for that.

I have asked my dealer ship for some sort of servicer manuals and they say they don't carry this I Wil check n chilton's , if I find this I will let you know 

5 minutes ago, CEL said:

I have asked my dealer ship for some sort of servicer manuals and they say they don't carry this I Wil check n chilton's , if I find this I will let you know 

Measure your tailgate and post the dimensions.  I will do the same in a little bit.