Service Power Steering and Service ESC

23 minutes ago, Hill CountryTrailBoss said:

Today. Vehicle updated yesterday, drove all day with no issues. Went to a friend's house, used the app to start it while talking about the truck. Drive home. Slept. And today a dash full of errors.

How was it updated?  TSB or recall at the dealership?

Someone was commenting on that in my separate issue's thread topic, about "OTA" over the air updates.  I was under the impression that these updates were for the infotainment apps only.  If not, why couldn't programming for recalls be done without having to come in to the dealer?

4 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

Someone was commenting on that in my separate issue's thread topic, about "OTA" over the air updates.  I was under the impression that these updates were for the infotainment apps only.  If not, why couldn't programming for recalls be done without having to come in to the dealer?

GM requires a Battery charger on the battery while performing some recalls or TSBs to keep the charge up so most of the Control Modules require a dealer visit. The only OTA updates I have seen for the trucks is the infotainment and Onstar.

22 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

GM requires a Battery charger on the battery while performing some recalls or TSBs to keep the charge up so most of the Control Modules require a dealer visit. The only OTA updates I have seen for the trucks is the infotainment and Onstar.

That's what I was thinking.  Stuff like that can download and then install later, like on a "personal computer."  Most of the engine computer updates are very, very specific in regard to what to do and what not to do.  I'd be hard pressed that they would be willing to risk it on ordinary residential wireless internet for things like that.

I wonder what the average file size is for a recall regarding some change to the engine computer programming.

Edited by BlaineBug

My truck did it last night. Started via remote start and got in and found service esc, service parking brake, and got a diagnostic email saying the exhaust system needs service. The check engine light has come on and has remained on. 1200 miles on the truck and the dealer can’t get it in for two weeks. I should add that I started it via the fob and not the app. 

Edited by BFD25

I shared the TSB from Shawn O’Leary and the Service Rep had it too. They are updating software now. This affected those of us who had recall done in Dec/Jan. 
update should fix it. 

I’ll do a remote start after update and let u know what happens. 

thank you all for your help!!!!

11 minutes ago, RocksRock said:

I shared the TSB from Shawn O’Leary and the Service Rep had it too. They are updating software now. This affected those of us who had recall done in Dec/Jan. 
update should fix it. 

I’ll do a remote start after update and let u know what happens. 

thank you all for your help!!!!

Does this at all relate to the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade crowd?

13 minutes ago, RocksRock said:

I’m not sure if it’s just a truck Silverado issue??

A couple of us are experiencing issues with 2019s.  Stabilitrac light, no power steering, most gauges inoperable, no transmission gear engagement.

Edited by BlaineBug

Update from my situation.

Scheduled a service appointment for 8am this morning. Pulled up at 7:55 and the service managers first question was about remote start.

She said there is an issue with remote start and not to use the app or the fob to remote start.

I checked the truck in, tossed my stuff into the 2019 Silverado Custom they set me up with as a loaner and headed home. 

About an hour later I received text alerts about the need to service the engine and transmission systems. Apparently the tech set off all sorts of shit while clearing codes and testing.

They found a brake system sensor that  "had gnawed wiring as if a rodent has gotten to it". Sensor won't  be available for 5-7 days.

So my brand new truck, with 230 miles on it will spend the next week at the shop while I drive their loaner for work. 

Not happy, but not quite pissed yet. At least they didn't put me in a Smurf Blue PT Cruiser like the Dodge dealership did years back. Drop off a 1 ton and leave in a go cart. 

Will update after I pick the truck up and speak with the manager and tech.

Edited by Hill CountryTrailBoss
Spelling be hard yo